Americas Best Value Inn
$134
$122
Country Inn
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$152
$125
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$179
$159
  • Breakfast included
LiA Hotel(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$90
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$91
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$138
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

San Carlos Inn(San Carlos)
$130
$120
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont(Belmont)(Great Value!)
$127
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

SpringHill Suites Belmont Redwood Shores(Belmont)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

All reviewsel caminoflat screencontinental breakfastrooms are cleanbed was comfortablelots of parkingpast several yearsseparate roommini fridgegreat place to staymanagertraderabvibaylodgingbusinessrates
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The motel is managed by an elderly Indian couple who ofcourse live on the premises. Compared to most motels operated by Indian families, this couple do a pretty good job of keeping the rooms clean, orderly and free of curry smell. The couple keep the place secure with frequent securing checks of the place. All of the motel room doors directly open to the outdoors so air blows through rooms and there is no stuffiness or claustraphobic feel of dormitory styled motels. The motel is conveniently located close to shops, food places and Caltran (commuter train) - the commuter train is right across from the hotel which can be a nuasance at times. The none negative is the breakfeast which is crap - so skip it.

Room Tip: Check the room before taking - for there a couple of crappy rooms. The top level (2nd floor) is better than the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were travelling through San Francisco and did an online search for hotels in the area. This hotel looks ok on the site but when you pull up you will notice it is filthy and right beside the railway tracks. I was hesitant to pay but we had already booked online. When I tried to cancel, the man behind the counter said that he already had all of my info and he would charge us for the room anyway. When I said I was going to call the 1800 number for Americas Best he said "who are you going to complain to? I own the hotel" We came in with another family and they booked at the same time as us. He gave them a suite for the same price he charged us for the small room. When I complained he said that if I didn't like it he would be happy to charge my friend more for the room. Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT AMERICAS BEST HOTELS. Definatly off of my list of possible places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
gandhis, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

We appreciate you taking time to write review for our property. We have checked the issue raised in your comments and we apolozie for any inconvenience caused to you. Americas Best Value Inn takes pride for its service, quality and amenities of the property. Our location is on main highway and railway tracks are on the other side of the road and we have double windows to reduce any noise and inconvenience to our guests. We have no issue with the noise as trains do not run at night.

We provided the room type- that was requested per your reservation. You had 2 rooms each with 2 beds booked and we have one room of that type, so for your other room, we upgraded and gave our mini suite - without any extra charge. This should make you a happy that you got one room upgraded without charge.

We appreciate your business and welcome to book directly by calling our toll free number. .

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I would like to say that my stay at Americas Best Value Inn has been excellent. First of all the cost of the hotel vs. the value of the room and service is very good. The rooms are clean and have all of the amenities of a first class hotel. The maid service is very good and reliable. Most importantly, when something goes wrong, that is when you find out about service. I had a problem in my room that was taken care of immediately and done very well. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. If your stay needs to be extended, the pricing of this hotel can't be beat! Again, hats off to the management and ownership of Americas Best Value Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry M
gandhis, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we appreciate your response. We work hard to provide you with the the best possible accomodations for the reasonable rates. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Booked this hotel online and had expected to be a lot nearer San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead this hotel was near San Mateo Bridge which meant a 45 mins train journey into San Francisco and a 30 mins car journey to the Golden Gate Bridge.

As it turned out, we had a comfortable stay at the hotel and quite enjoyed the train journey into San Francisco. We had to drive to the train station as it was about 2 mile down the road. The train track does run across the road from the hotel, and trains could be heard going past when in the room.

There is no sight-seeing around the hotel, unless you like to visit the local supermarket or car wash (hey, whatever floats your boat).

For our purpose, I would describe this hotel as good enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiDW

We appreciate your taking the time to give us your comments. We are a secondary location to San Francisco and San Jose which allows us to keep our rates more reasonable. Transportation by Cal Train or Sam Trans is convenient for both San Francisco and San Jose. There is also shopping near by in Hillsdale and many fine restaurants in the area. We are also convenient to Hillier Aviation Museum, Filoi Gardens, Coyote Point Museum and California's Great America.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I booked this motel on-line and when I arrived at this AAA approved motel (with a sign posted "Show Your Card" the desk clerk stated "The room is already cheap enough" when I attempted to get my AAA/AARP discount! The room was unbelievable smelly, obviously one of those former smoking rooms now deemed Non-smoking, but masked with a heavy chemical smell. It was horrible. It was impossible to sleep with a window open because of the traffic and train that ran just outside. My friend's mattress had large, dark brown stains running down the side - the imagination runs wild on that visual - and all the sheets/blankets had holes in them. A fan somewhere in the building woke me up several times during the night as it seemed to vibrate right into my room (108). I tried to check out the next day but no go (no refund) so was moved to another room that was still smelly but a bit nicer/cleaner. ( I checked out the following day and moved to another motel as I still had 2 days to my trip). The best thing about this motel was a Trader Joe's and Walgreens next door. There is no nice place to walk or escape the traffic, no restaurants within walking distance. I never saw the spa or the continental breakfast offered so can't comment on that. To sum it up, the rooms are shabby, stink horribly, and the desk clerk wouldn't honor the AAA discount. Not much to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank invalsal

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate you giving us your comments. Your comments are used to help further training of our staff and evaluation of our product for possible needed changes. We appreciate your business.