“Remains one of the best food experiences”
Review of Town Restaurant

Town Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Town Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 136 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry Street
Transit: Located walking distance from the San Carlos Cal Train Station
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had not been here for a while so decided to go for the brunch to celebrate my husband's burthday. We sat at the kitchen counter which was a fabulous experience as we were able to view all the good looking dishes while perusing the menu choices. He ordered the Benedict a Trois, primarily because he couldn't decide which one looked most delicious. I ordered the Country Eggs Benedict. Both came with breakfast potates, cooked to a perfect crispy outside and soft inside. The benedicts were to die for! The poached eggs were perfectly prepared, the ham was sliced thin but folded over to a perfect serving, amount of hollandaise was perfect as not to overwhelm the other ingredients. The a trois included one each of the Country Eggs, Steak and crab cake. His favorite was the crab cake but the competition was fierce. Service was friendly and swift. This restaurant is always packed and it was completely booked for the brunch service - and we can see why! We were lucky that kitchen counter seats opened up as we arrived. Watching the kitchen scene truly added to the fun experience. The chef runs a very tight ship at Town!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had such a good experience the first time I visited this restaurant, I wanted to go back. I wasn't disappointed. The customer service is just excellent. Very attentive waiters who will take their time to explain the menu and to make recommendations. The atmosphere is just lovely. The restaurant is largely made up of booths which makes it feel very intimate.

The menu choices are wide so there's something for everyone. I had scallops with butternut risotto which was just delicious.

I've told all my colleagues to go to this restaurant. It's fab!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is perfect if you have kids and want to take the family out somewhere other than some cheezy family restaurant.

It's also great to take a date. Very cosmo and great drinks. The drinks are kind of pricey but the enrees are a great value.

My favorite dish was the Seared Ahi Tuna and the kids loved the adult mac and cheese. My husband always ordered anything pork on the menu.

Parking: parking can be a bear. There is a lot in the back but if you get there late it is usually full. You can try to park on the street but good luck on a Friday and Saturday night..

Reservations: Make sure you call for reservations. You can usually book on opentable.com but if you prefer you can call. Some nights we still had to wait even with a reservation.

Yes it's that awesome.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have come to this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. If it is your first time, you MUST try the warm cabbage salad...it is to die for! They have indoor and outdoor seating, which is nice during the summer and autumn months. Service is always impeccable, and the food is always up to par. This is a great San Carlos gem!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ate here yesterday with my wife and enjoyed everything about the experience. Sat at the chefs counter we could see the outrageous sized portions coming out from risotto to the most amazing prime rib I've ever seen. We shared some starters instead of going for the mains. The seared tuna was melt in the mouth, the pulled pork sliders were juicy and served on a beautifully fresh bun and the Town steak was succulent and tasty. The side of corn with chipotle was worth having again (though we didn't). This was a great move as it left room for the restaurants signature Bread Pudding which would be worth the 12 hour flight from London on its own merits. Really amazing. Great restaurant, thoroughly recommended.