“Okay for business”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Westminster, CO
“Okay for business”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I stayed at this hotel last year for some nearby business in the Bay Area. The hotel is more of a motor lodge. It is close to the highway and a couple of restaurants are adjacent to the property.
Overall, my stay was good. No problems parking, the room was large,comfortable, and clean. No noise. A big plus to me was that I could grab a quick, hot breakfast in the lobby for no charge. That is always appreciated. Free high-speed internet was also nice.
This hotel is okay if you are on the go and need a place to relax. I rated it above average because I didn't have any problems with my stay at all, and the motel was very close to my business. Again, I always appreciate a fast, free breakfast.

• Liked — fast free breakfast
  • Disliked — near an airport and the highway
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fresno, CA
Reviewed October 27, 2007

We stayed for two nights at this hotel and both nights were unsatisfactory for the following reasons- a girl's soccer team was staying for the two nights we were there and made a bunch of noise between 11:00pm and 1:00 pm on both nights we stayed. I went to talk to the hotel desk clerk (a man who sounded like he was of Punjabi origin) and he told me that he was doing everything he could to quiet down the "people coming from a business convention". They woke us both up and 1am and I talked to him in person and he told me to "use my logic - there is nothing I can do". I would ask anyone who would consider staying at this hotel to "use their logic" and avoid staying here. I am a silver member through the Marriott Awards program and have stayed at lots of Marriott hotels, but this was the worst. My wife found dirt under her pillow the first night and the room was half made up the next morning and the sink was left dirty. I'm not a person who likes to complain and I let a lot of things fly, but going to a place for R.R. and having to drive back home tired and upset was not in my plan.

• Liked — Good kitchen service - mostly nice staff
  • Disliked — One rude staff member, lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank tragann

Travelers are raving about these San Carlos hotels

Stockton, CA
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed overnight while my wife was in town for work. The Fairfield Inn is a decent place for a basic overnight stay. Free internet was very convenient. The room itself is not very large. Room for 2 beds and a desk. No other chars or tables. Room includes a microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast is adequate. The hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, and waffle maker were much appreciated.

The bed was a little squishy for my tastes. I do prefer a firmer mattress.

The only potential drawback, depending on how deeply you sleep, is the runway right next to the airport. Personally, I didn't hear them, but my wife did. It wasn't bothersome, but if you are a light sleeper who doesn't typically wake up early, be warned. Actually, what woke me up more was the loud ventilation system. I should have turned it off at bedtime, but forgot to.

• Liked — Price, breakfast, internet
  • Disliked — Soft mattresses
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Not a bad place to get some sleep if you are close to the airport. The fitness center is just two machines, but the breakfast is free. The beds are a bit uncomfortable, but in general a decent place if all you are looking to do is get some sleep. they have an outdoor pool that can get a bit rowdy at night.

Stayed June 2007
Austin, Tx.
Reviewed June 1, 2007

Convienient location, relatively new construction, helpful front desk, good complimentary breakfast, very clean....but right next to a small airport located at the end of a runway! The days we were there, we were awakened by small prop planes warming up their engines for takeoff. Ask for room facing highway instead of airport.

• Liked — the complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — the noise from the airport
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Dodger-Don
Sacramento Valley
Reviewed September 14, 2006

I needed to make a last minute reservation for a quick business trip to the Bay Area (San Carlos Area). This was my first visit to Marriott's Fairfield Inn, having been to their Renaissance, Marriott, Residence Inn and Courtyard locations this year.
The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was simple with no frills, but it was clean, roomy and included a refrigerator which is a nice feature to have. The bed was comfortable. The rate included a Continental Brkfst which was okay. What I liked about this property was that it was quiet while being right next to the Bayshore 101 freeway. For the rate, it was better than expected and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank SeminarTrekker
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2005

The Fairfield Inn in San Carlos, CA is a decent budget hotel located next to the San Carlos Municipal Airport. It's location is convenient to the Peninsula cities south of San Francisco. Our room with two large queen beds was clean and comfortable with good lighting. Amenities included free high speed internet (wired) in the room and wireless internet in the lobby, a medium-sized refrigerator and a small microwave. The TV included a reasonable selection of cable channels as well as the usual pay-per-view fare. Our room was located on the side of the hotel adjacent to the airport runway. The airport is a fairly busy general aviation field, and operations start about 7 AM so this hotel is not a good choice for day sleepers. However, there is essentially no airport activity at night, so the room was quiet after dark. The free continental breakfast was adequate, but not great. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, this hotel provided very good value for the money.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LiA Hotel
#2 of 7 in San Carlos
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco San Carlos? Share your experiences!