“Really nice... yummy, affordable ”
Review of Creola

Creola
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in San Carlos
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Holly St.
Description: Hours of Operation Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday 5-9 pm Friday & Saturday 5 - 9:30 pm Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11 - 2:30 pm Brunch: Saturday & Sundays 10:30 - 2:30 pm
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Had a business lunch here. Food was great, service was great, friendly, accommodating. No rush - no pressure to leave after we ate. It’s a shame parking is an issue.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Authentic cuisine and bread. I visit NOLA frequently and this is a good California spot for certain classic New Orleans food. Gumbo is good, as is the etouffee. I prefer seafood Jambalaya but their chicken version is very tasty. No fried oysters though!! All in all a nice spot for diner if you are craving canjun and can't afford a trip to NOLA

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Great spot to get a taste of New Orleans. Everything on the menu is delicious. My fave is definitely the fried chicken.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

My husband and I have ordered take out - Family Chicken - a few times and it is wonderful. A fantastic value at $28, which provides 2 dinners and 2 lunches. So we decided to test the Sunday Brunch and were not disappointed. We started with beignets - fantastic! My husband had the Oeufs with crab super delicious and perfectly prepared. I had the Pain perdu - French toast with a wonderful syrup and caramelized bananas. Absolutely wonderful though perhaps a bit too heavy handed with the powdered sugar. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Right up front, let's get this straight, I like this place. So much that I requested my Son and his wife take me there for Father's Day when they asked. Note: due to schedule conflicts, Father's Day this year was observed on Friday night. Now that the intro is out of the way, let's get to the food.

We started the evening off with Crawfish Hush puppies, Oysters' en Brochette and Ahi Tuna Taco Tare Tare for our starters split between 4 people. We paired those delicacies with a house rose` wine, Raspberry Vodka Lemonade, Maker's Mark Manhattan, and a Light Amber Ale going around the table. Perfect, perfect!!

Entrees wise, in that same order, we individually chose Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken, one Mardi Gras Menu with Shrimp CreoLa entree, Shrimp & Crawfish Étouffée and I had the one pound Crayfish special. Great Scot, they were really good but quite a mess to eat. The rest of us passed our plates so we could all sample the unique flavors and tastes of true New Orleans Bistro cuisine. Yes, to die for!!!

Now to the sweet part of the trip there. Try a slice of Pecan Cheese Cake (included as part of the Mardi Gras menu) and one of my all time favorites, Bread Pudding. As usual, we all passed the items around so everyone can sample and comment. Exquisite, they were that good!!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads (and Grand Dads) out there.

Date of visit: June 2018