“You really MUST eat here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creola

Creola
Reserve with OpenTable
Creola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 132 Restaurants in San Carlos
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Holly St.
Description: Hours of Operation Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday 5-9 pm Friday & Saturday 5 - 9:30 pm Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11 - 2:30 pm Brunch: Saturday & Sundays 10:30 - 2:30 pm
belfast
“You really MUST eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had dinner here last night with my husband. The menu was great and varied. I ordered one of the specials and my husband ordered from the set $30 menu. The food was genuinely exquisite. It was one of the best meals we have had in a while. In addition, in July all wines off the menu are half price! The service was excellent and there was a great atmosphere overall. I would thoroughly recommend this place and I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012

Balboa Island, California
“Great lunch at CreoLa.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went there recently, having not been there for awhile. Wonderful gumbo. Caesar salad was delicious with shrimp. Very pleasant, relaxing atmosphere, with framed New Orleans scenes throughout. The service was excellent. Nice convenient location, and easy and ample parking.

• Visited July 2012
San Mateo, California
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We went there for father's day, and one of my daughters has decided that it needs to be our new "special restaurant". The food was uniformly excellent, the waitstaff attentive, and the atmosphere nicely relaxed. What puts it over the top for us, however, is their conscientiousness about taking care of the one member of the party who cannot eat gluten. I mentioned this to them both in the open table reservation and when they called to confirm. When we walked in, they knew right away what restrictions we had, and went out of their way to help. The chef came to our table and went over the menu with the one who had to avoid gluten. He even modified a dessert for her. And the food tasted soooo good!

• Visited June 2012
Huntington Beach, California
“About as New Orleans as you can get without a 'skeeter net.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My daughter who lives in the area said she had heard fabulous things about this restaurant. So she, me, my wife and our other daughter rendezvoused for an early dinner on a Tuesday night.

I had seen some Yelp reviews which were for the most part positive. Sometimes "foodies" want to split hairs about what constitutes authentic this or authentic that. While I have been to New Orleans on business a couple times, and my one daughter had been once, the other two people in our party had never been meaning for the most part none of knew what authentic was. What we did discover was that whatever they were cooking, we wanted more of it.

Let me say these people want your business. We were cheerfully greeted (by the owner?) when we arrived. We were quickly seated at a table in a busy dining room. Water was poured immediately and our waiter then arrived to take a drink order. Service after that remained exceptional.

There were two specials on the menu that night; a cornmeal fried chicken with collard greens or a pound of boiled crawfish. My wife took the chicken, the daughter who had actually been to New Orleans elected to relive her crawfish experience. My other daughter went with the catfish and I opted for the jambalaya.

I have had jambalaya plenty of times even if it wasn't in New Orleans. This version was better than most. My daughter with the crawfish raved about how reminiscent of her experience in New Orleans her meal was. My wife licked her fingers about her cornmeal crusted fried chicken and the collard greens. And my catfish eating daughter only said, "yum."

So as far as we were concerned, with the exception of the humidity and the mosquitoes, this was as authentic a New Orleans experience as we were going to get. And it was wonderful.

• Visited May 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good Creol food and a culinary adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Not having ever been to Louisiana the first time I tried Creola, I truly enjoyed finding alligator tenderloins on the menu. I ordered them and enjoyed every bite. Now living in Louisiana I recognize that their menu was spot on and their flavor profiles similar to what you'd find in local restaurants here.

The restaurant has a wonderful classic atmosphere, with linen tableclothes and a fine dining atmosphere.

Visited June 2011