“very good food & service”

Kabul Afghan Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Six of us had dinner here last week- one vegan, 2 vegetarians, & 3 meat eaters. We all loved it, and 4 of us eat their often. Each entree was accompanied by a fresh green salad and most came with a large dish of white rice. I ordered lamb with spinach -- big chunks of not over cooked, tender lamb, covered in creamy well spiced spinach. A very generous serving. The vegan had pumpkin baked and seasoned in chunks.

1  Thank NWroamer11

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was near my hotel so I walked there. It is part of a strip mall. Very nicely decorated with presumed native items. Service was friendly and warm. Portions were good sized. I had the Sabosas with lamb and chicken kabobs ( I don't know much about Afghan food, so I wasn't particularly adventurous in my first try). Relatively varied menu with some fish and seafood items as well. Very delicious. Would certainly return with a more adventurous palate next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

What did I like?? Everything - the food, the service, the price, the portions, the atmosphere
What did I not like?? Not knowing it was there until my last night.

1  Thank Alan N
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant on several occasions and have always been pleased. I've gone with a small group (2) and a large group (16) and the service is always excellent, and they are very accommodating. The food is delicious and the bread is a delight! I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice service and warm environment.The food was very taste and not expansive. The lamb was perfect, but I also recommend to get combinations. You will have a choice of 2. I did combinations with Lamb, Beef and Chicken. They also have Salmon and Shrimps. The yogurt is delicious.