“Accomodating and Awesome”

and up
U-Fly SkyTour of San Francisco and Golden Gate Bridge from San Carlos
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in San Carlos
More attraction details
Owner description: FlyBayArea offers U-Fly SkyTours around the Bay Area in airplanes. Choose from four different SkyTours and get a chance to fly the plane with one of our professional flight instructors. Fly over San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and the Pacific Coast. A unique aerial tour for locals and visitors alike.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Accomodating and Awesome”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Thank you Oprah. Thanks to her advice on the value of gifting experiences instead of things, the husband scored a flight lesson over San Fransisco.

After scouring various options and hours of reviews, I am so glad to have gone with Fly Bay Area and here are five reasons why you should too:

1) He will work with you: We were out-of-towners visiting the city over the recent holiday weekend. No flights were scheduled for Labor Day, the only window of time we had. Gabe not only agreed to take us up but offered two different time slots and advised us on the better reservation (afternoon, just in case of fog).
2) He honored the deal price on Groupon and did one better by upgrading us to a longer tour for a great discount.
3) He answered every one of my 14 (yes, 14) emails.
4) He totally enjoys being in the air. My husband had a great time learning to fly with Gabe, who was relaxed, encouraging and fun. The plane itself was small and a fairly tight fit so don't expect a Top Gun experience.
5) He will do the right thing. I just got an email from Gabe saying he's checked the quality of the video and it looks like it did not render properly. He apologized for the wait and inconvenience and will be sending us a new version will be in our inbox shortly.

So there you have it, my five reasons why I'm joining the chorus of fans for a Fly Bay Area experience with Gabe.

Visited September 2013

Dublin, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Too cool!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Holy cow - not only did I get fantastic views of the SF Bay Area but I was able to fly the plane under the guidance of our pilot Gabe. His narratives about what we were seeing from the cockpit made the experience even more amazing. Living is about experiences and this one tops my list - thanks to Gabe and Fly Bay Area for making a dream come true!

Visited May 2013
Los Altos, California
“Very fun!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Gabe was great and the view couldn't have been better! I also got a video of the trip. My husband and I flew on a Spring day.

Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Gabe had a cancellation so we jumped on board :) He was really nice and accommodating, although the starter went out as soon as we got in the plane he had a backup plan. We went to the school next door where he is a flight instructor to borrow one of their plane. We did the trip above SF for an extra but it worth it we also did the Dual U-Fly Adventure SkyTour so we both can fly the plane. I did the tour over SF (Golden Gate tour) and my bff did the Pacific Coast one. I wish I went a little "crazier" on the control of the plane to get a better feel for flying an airplane. I was pretty much just cruising mode but I was checking out the skyline of SF so it was all great. Of course the city is amazing and I highly recommend adding the extra time and money to your trip. The trip over to the coast is probably more instructional but the sight are great as well and although the weather was cloudy they were so high up that our cruising arond 1500-2300 feet up in the air our view was perfect! Gabe took some photos and made a video both turned out great but bring a camera for sure!

Visited March 2013
San Francisco
“Smooth flight over Bay Area”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Gabe is a great tour guide and makes the experience of flying in a small jet a memorable experience by shooting a short video and pictures while flying. Kind of amazing. You get a link afterwards, that easy. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013

Been to Fly Bay Area? Share your experiences!