Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in San Carlos
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Business trip”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in the area. Price is Right. Clean, spacious, and comfortable enough. Close to shopping and some good eats. Easy highway access. Service was good. Beds a little firm. Will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We would like to take a moment and thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Carlos. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and that this property was conveniently located for your needs. We are so glad to hear that guests like you are happy with the time they spend with us. We strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a great value, stay after stay. We do hope that you will come back to visit us if you’re in our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. Thank you again for your nice review. We look forward to seeing you again. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
emilyirene123
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our 7 night stay at Extended Stay America was very comfortable. We came to the Bay Area with our newborn baby to visit family for the holidays and we were very happy we chose this hotel. It was centrally located and right off the freeway, which was great because throughout our stay we were all over the East Bay, the Peninsula, and the San Jose area. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless, and the kitchen was great for preparing my nightly tea and our baby's bottles and cereal. Our room and floor was quiet and we always had close parking. Whenever we needed things like extra tools or dish washing liquid, the front desk was quick to get us whatever we needed. Cassie was especially helpful and friendly and by the end of our stay we felt like old friends! Our housekeeper, Maria, was also very efficient and thourough. This hotel was perfect for us and we hope to stay here again when we return next Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year! We would like to express our thanks for such a great review of your recent Holiday stay with us at Extended Stay America San Carlos. It is our pleasure to make sure you have a great stay each and every stay! I am so glad that our staff was so accommodating during your stay and you were able to experience a home away from home experience with us during the Holiday Season. Its comments from guests like you that make our job so rewarding in so many ways. I do hope that you will return next Holiday Season when you are visiting the area, we would love to have you back. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.
novato
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a very disappointing stay: which included a sterile institutional corridor that smelled like a kitchen in a Chinese restaurant; a boxy, barely updated studio with tacky kitchen and bathroom; botched reservation (in spite of two conversations beforehand -- one with desk clerk, one with assistant manager); worn sheets with holes, washcloth-size towels -- and all this for $151.79 including tax. You can do better, even in the pricey San Francisco Bay Area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Our sincere thanks for posting a review about your experience at Extended Stay America San Carlos. I am so sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t 100% satisfactory, please accept my sincere apologies. I will definitely be talking with the staff to find out how there was a mis-communication regarding your reservation, this is not a normal occurrence for us as we are very diligent in ensuring accuracy and efficiency for all our arriving guests reservations. We have very strict standards and policies in place to prevent such occurrences as you mentioned in the review, we will be sure to review these with our staff so that such incidents will not happen again on future stays for yourself or any other guest staying with us. I do hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With sincere appreciation the Management at Extended Stay San Carlos.

Travelers are raving about these San Carlos hotels

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The grab and go breakfast was a nice touch when running out the door in the mornings. Staff was friendly and accommodating which is a plus. Definitely a place I will recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay at Extended Stay America San Carlos. I am so glad to hear that our staff was accommodating to you during your stay and that our grab and go breakfast was just what you needed as you started your day. Our entire staff is committed to making sure each guest has a pleasurable experience from the time you arrive to the time you leave us. It looks like we hit a home run in your case. We hope that you will return to see us if your travels bring you back to our area in the future. With Hospitality The Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.
Syracuse, New York, USA
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just finished a weekend stay at ESA for a Monday meeting in San Jose. Hotel is located right off the 101 freeway and near SFO Intl Airport, halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. Was able to hop up to SF for fun on the weekend and then back to SJ on Monday for business. Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, kitchen with large refrigerator and stovetop was a nice surprise. I never heard traffic while I stayed there and found a dozen great places to eat within a mile or two. Front desk was always eager and able to help if I needed toothpaste or other odds-and-ends. Easily made my trip a smooth one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We want to express our gratitude for your recent glowing review of the Extended Stay San Carlos. I am so glad you found us to be just what you needed while in the area. We pride ourselves on always providing exceptional service and clean, fresh, comfortable rooms all at a value that can’t be beat. This property is situated as you said right between San Francisco and San Jose conveniently off the 101 freeway. Great for travelers visiting both cities just as yourself. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the San Francisco Bay area. With many thanks and hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Short business trip to San Mateo County. The hotel was above average for the price. Very clean and quiet - no, road noise but the refrigerator in my room was noisy. Somehow I managed to sleep through it anyway. Near to where I was working and not far from several decent restaurants, if you're driving. There isn't much in short walking distance. Staff was courteous. Checkout was a little slow. Automated checkout would have been nice. Also, the grab and go breakfast is disappointing. Next time I will stop at the local market and pick up some milk and cereal. The room is as advertised with a fully equipped kitchen. It was more like an efficiency apartment than a hotel room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele N
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
"Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your overall stay. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

With Hospitality,
The Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos
Riverside, CA
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Have you ever stayed in a hotel that doesn't have tissues in the bathroom? This one doesn't. They don't change your linens and you have to get your own towels. There is no workspace in the room. The room itself would make a monk happy. One chair and a couple of bar stools. Very cold and unwelcoming. The free breakfast consists of hot water, instant oatmeal, and coffee all served in a very small room with two chairs and no tables. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever been in. I didn't say "slept in" because it was so very difficult to sleep in it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank asteinharter
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction & comfort during their stay, I was disheartened to read that your time with us wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concerns, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. We are however happy to provide fresh linens and towels upon request each day of your stay should you desire. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or contacting us directly at the hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of other brand locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Carlos
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#5 of 7 in San Carlos

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos? Share your experiences!