“BEST price in area”

Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel has been remodeled.It is very clean and QUIET. If you are looking for a place to stay with easy access to 101, near Kaiser Hospital with a kitchen with a full size refridgerator this is the place. 5 minute drive to Kaiser, 35 to San Francisco or over the hill to Half Moon Bay. Totally booked and heard nothing BUT if you need absolute quiet go for the third floor as running kids in room above you do hear. No frills like daily maid service unless you pay extra though clean towels and getting rid of trash no problem.Flat screen TV but not a zillion channels. One of very few places I've stayed with QUIET ac and heater. Husband in hospital for 10 days and being here has made the experience a whole lot stressful.

Room Tip: Ask for room on quiet side away from 101and third floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mcchrystal
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

highly recommend this hotel, great price, clean location, great customer service, loved having a kitchenette in the room.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a kitchenette, I loved it, just made things easier, felt more at home r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex B

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Enjoyed a factastic stayin Extended Stay America San Carlos. The staff was fantastic. I was completely impressed with the manager, he took his time to accomodate my needs. The room was excellent, made me feel like home. Without a doubt i will return.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bcm01

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos and the compliments about our management staff. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here and each stay has been for about one month. I have nothing but the highest compliments for this place. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. It is newly renovated. It is also the best value that I have found for people traveling with pets who need a place to stay for more than a week. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Extended Stay to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Glennvaldez8

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

the hotel rooms and extreamly clean. the staff member that checked me in was super friendly. the hall lobby was very clean. was very impressed with the way the hotel looked.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ednamendivil

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have been here for about six months. The bright spot here is the staff. They are always friendly and helpful. It is the ONLY reason I have been here this long! The manager, Mark; and assistant manager, Shara, are excellenent! So are the other front desk employees, Cassandra and the 2 other young gentlemen staffing the desk during the evenings and weekends; all very professional. The rooms are a bit on the pricey side, especially for an "EXTENDED STAYING guest".

The biggest complaint I have is with the doors to each room. They have spring loaded mechanisms that SLAMS the door shut. You can FEEL and HEAR the closing of doors 5 or 6 rooms down the hall; as well as on the floor beneath or above you! This one thing IS THE MOST ANNOYING complaint, with doors SLAMMING SHUT all hours of the day or night! Management, please fix the door closing devices IMMEDIATELY!!! I think most people are capable of opening and closing a door without this annoying, unnecessary device.

The rooms are a 7 on the scale of 1 - 10. Some have been upgraded with granite countertops, others haven't. The A.C system is not that good. It does not run during the day, especially if you're not in the room ( I think the thermostat has a motion sensor! ). I set the AC at 68 - 70 and I ALWAYS return to a warm room with the thermostat reading at 74 or 75 degrees or higher! It "kicks on" about 10 seconds after I enter the room.

The once a week maid service is nice; it would be better if they could clean the floors a bit more thoroughly, especially vacuuming better. All-in-all OK cleaning service. Recent addition of coffee and muffins/oatmeal/cereal bars and fruit is convenient in the mornings.

The construction upgrades done over a 3 month period ( February - May ) was horribly orchestrated and very inconvenient. The weekly invasions of privacy were annoying; and, I returned from work one day to find my room door open with no workers there. They did not return until 3 HOURS AFTER I noticed my room was unlocked and door open. The only reason I did not complain to upper management / home office was the courteous, apologeticaly response from Mark and Shara.

Laundry facilities are good, as well as parking and overall cleanliness of the property. If the home office would fix the issue with the doors, this property would be excellent. As it stands now, it is only a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 - 10. GREAT STAFF, O.K. property, especially considering the fairly expensive room rates!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly upgraded room, the ones with the granite countertops.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank anthony s
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay San Francisco - San Carlos. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff and recognizing Mark, Shara, Cassandra and Front Desk Team. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. I want to also thank you for being patient during renovation. I know that there were several times that we needed to access your room. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have stayed at this property for nearly a year and a half.

I moved in before the renovations and am still here after the dust has settled. The renovations are much appreciated; namely, a new hard surface for the entry area which has replaced the carpet, a new Berber-type carpet for carpeted areas, new flooring in the bathroom, new paint, a flat-panel TV replaces the CRT, new artwork for the walls and a new bed.

Some rooms received an upgrade that replaced the Formica counter with granite, but my room didn't get the upgrade.

The bed is softer than I prefer, but it's not bad. The AC/Fan/Heater unit is much appreciated, as are the kitchen amenities: two-burner electric range, hooded vent exhaust, microwave oven, utensils, nearly full-sized refrigerator, stainless steel sink, drawers and cupboards.

Double-paned glass and good insulation keep noise to a minimum, except when neighbors slam their front doors, which is jarring and disruptive. Property management should consider installing door dampers to prevent them from closing too fast.

Mark, the manager, has always been courteous and helpful, as have been all staff I've encountered, including housekeeping and maintenance. Weekly housekeeping is included for those who stay longer a week.

There is a laundry room with coin-operated washers and dryers, and the laundry room requires a room key to enter, which is nice. The property is kept clean, parking is plentiful and the location is extremely convenient for me (about one mile to downtown Redwood City).

The recent addition of free morning coffee, muffins, oatmeal, energy bars and fresh fruit is a big bonus.

The satellite television service is still analog, not digital, and I'm unable to find a way to upgrade the service to digital and preferably add HBO or Comcast. Showtime is included, along with some other cable station staples, but I'd like the option to add more. The picture on the new TV should be a lot better with digital service, and currently is no better than the picture on the old CRT TV. Management: Please upgrade the satellite service so we get digital -- not analog -- signals.

The free internet service is nice, but could be faster without requiring a paid upgrade. I haven't tried streaming movies from Netflix yet, and it's something I would like to do, but a comment from another poster about slow bandwidth has me worried about that.

Considering how I have truly been an extended stay customer, and one who has remained through the months of noise and traffic associated with the renovation -- and now paying a higher rate since the renovations have been completed -- I would appreciate a credit for a month or a few weeks as a token of the company's appreciation of customer loyalty. I don't expect that to be offered, but it would be exceptionally nice.

My survey of alternative properties indicated Homestead/Extended Stay San Carlos is the best fit for me considering location, quality, service and cost. I recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jon K

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write your experience your experience at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. We are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Thank you for choosing us as your ""home away from home""."

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Carlos
LiA Hotel
LiA Hotel
#2 of 8 in San Carlos
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - Belmont

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos? Share your experiences!