“Great Neighborhood Restaurant to Try. Will be going back soon!”
Review of Viva La Vita - CLOSED

Viva La Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had an excellent dinner here last night. Happened to stumble upon the place as we were walking around the Thursday night farmers market here in San Carlos. It didn't look too busy and we had a peek at the menu which looked varied and with some nice specials so we decided to try it.

While reviewing your menu, they bring you some nice foccacia type bread and an olive oil/balsamic/garlic type dip which was good.

The menu had everything from fish (couple of choices) to of course several pasta selections, meat dishes, etc. We started with the Caprese salad (Mozzarella/tomato salad with balsamic vinegar/olive oil and basil). The tomatoes were fresh and ripe, just excellent for this salad.

I had the salmon with vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes which was from their regular menu. I was a little hesitant at first, but the waiter said the fish was fresh and the preparation was excellent. He was not wrong. It was perfectly prepared with a delicious sauce on it (not too heavy). The mashed potatoes were some of the creamiest I have had in a long time and even the vegatables were very flavorful.

My husband had one of the pasta specials which was Sun Dried ravioli (not to be confused with sun dried tomatoe ravioli) filled with cheese & spinich with a pomodoro type sauce on it which was really wonderful. I could have had all of his pasta and my salmon. Both dishes were spectacular.

For dessert we shared the Tiramisu which was nice and light with chocolate sauce drizzled on top and crowned with a sliced strawberry. Very nice.

We will be going back for sure and bringing friends with us!! It is a great neighborhood restaurant to support!

1  Thank DNAZ_SF