Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West(San Bruno)(Great Value!)
$109
$140
Travelocity
Ritz Inn(San Bruno)
$129
All reviewsfire pitbistro areaindoor poolchili's restauranta marriott rewards membersan franciscothe entire hotelbreakfast sandwichbusiness tripshuttle servicefront desk staffnext morningbart stationconvenient locationan early flightfree shuttlethe east coast
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed one Sat night in late September at a rate of $72 + tax booked from the Marriott website. The bill including breakfast (see below) and all taxes came to $90.

Apart from a long wait (~40 mins) for the shuttle from the airport it was a fine stay. The shuttle, I’m assured, is normally more efficient. It is ‘on demand’ so you need to call them and tell them that you are waiting. The hotel is only 5 minutes away so it should be quick. They quote 10-15 mins. I’ve heard various stories about why I waited so long but I think it comes down to human error – I was at the international terminal and the message didn’t get through to the shuttle driver. I did complain and was promised additional points – we will see.

The hotel itself is a standard Courtyard located in a business park environment close to the airport. It’s a good location with a large Mall (with shops/food outlets/etc) less than 10 mins walk away. There is also a ‘Chillis’ across the road. So, it’s a good choice if you don’t have a car.

No problems with the hotel itself. Room standard Courtyard stuff, internet free and worked fine. Didn’t see/use the pool but the exercise room is small with two joggers and a x-trainer crammed in. X-trainer was modern and fine.

Breakfast outlets close by are not obvious but the hotel’s breakfast menu has most stuff at around the $10 which includes juice and coffee.

Other than the shuttle incident its fine and I’d happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank drc225
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Great location within a 5 min drive of SFO. We stayed for one night before a early flight out the next day from SFO. I needed to make a stop at the Target store near by before heading out and the staff was able to let me run in real quick before continuing on to SFO. The shuttle driver and front desk staff were helpful with getting this done!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2009

As for any other Courtyard where I stayed, the San Bruno hotel offers good rooms and very good breakfast (not included, however at reasonable price). The location very close to SFO airport is another plus.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I enjoy staying at the Marriotts. The Courtyard by Marriott has a great buffet breakfast and makes one feel at home. The Bayhill Drive hotel has a great jogging path that goes right round the water. The free hotel shuttle from the airport is very convenient. I caught the train from the airport to go to each of the places that I needed to get to. And ended up saving quite a bit in cab fares. The staff were very friendly. I loved the free lemonade and coffee in the lobby. I entertained some friends in the lobby and it was very relaxed. The internet access from the room was good and I managed to accomplish a lot on the weekend that I spent during my long stay at the hotel. The housekeeping staff were very understanding and helpful. Ask for a refrigerator and for any other changes in your room: they will go out of their way to help.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We spent 3 days here at the start of a holiday in California. The hotel is an excellent place to stay as either a stopping off point between flights or as a hub for a trip to SF. The room and bathroom were a decent size and the bed was firm and comfortable. The fridge was an added benefit. The hotel is in the midst of a lovely , quiet business area and there is a very nice shopping area with shops and restaurants within 10 mins walking distance . We had negotiated a senior rate which was excellent value.
All in all we were very satisfied with this hotel and the surounding area and will certainly choose to stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple