“Great hotel for a night or 2.”

Courtyard San Francisco Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before our flight. Great hotel. Easy to find. Friendly staff. The most comfortable bed of our entire trip! I'd love to know the brand and type of bed and bedding they use. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Quiet and convenient!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trvlgrl0928

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked this hotel because I had a 6 hour meeting --- and after I booked my room the company I was meeting with decided to hold the meeting at the hotel. I would say this is an upscale Courtyard -- the lobby looked brand new. The check in was flawless and I was put on the 2nd floor (a two floor hotel) with a balcony and courtyard view. Yes, they have a fully functional and beautiful courtyard. I was able to work a bit on the balcony before it got too chilly and then work at a comfortable workstation before bed. The room itself was a standard Courtyard room. It was spotless.

I mentioned in my Title this is at the End of the Runway. It is probably 2 miles from the end of the runway set off by about a mile. I did not find this to be a problem as I could watch planes take off all day and night, but there are rooms that face away from the flightpath. Others may be bothered by this but it is what it is. I do not deduct points because unless you live under a rock airport hotels are located, well, by an airport. Furthermore, booking the hotel on the Marriott web site clearly showed the orientation of the runways to the hotel.

I was initially a bit put off by breakfast (no full menu) but was very happy when I saw what was delivered. There is a small breakfast menu -- oatmeal, some muffins and fruit cups and several breakfast sandwiches. I ordered a healthy start sandwich and was given a real meal between an english muffin.... fluffy egg whites, spinach and a slice of cheese --- delicious, along with a fruit cup. The seating was comfortable.

The meeting room was great and the staff really did a nice job. Most of those at the meeting were from the SFO area but two were from Southern California and I came from across the country. It is a great location for a meeting, especially if people need to get in and out of SFO quickly. Nice Job.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view. If you want to see the planes take off ask for that orientation. If you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel has obviously been around for awhile and lobby been re-vamped to look like the new Courtyard look. There is a new market and coffee/restaurant area that is convienent to pick up a snack or beverage. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

The rooms were fine - maybe need a slight facelift but overall was clean and comfortable. This hotel was a great value for the area.

There is a Chili's across the street (walking distance) as well...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I know these franchised chains vary a lot, I know they shouldn't - but they do. And this one is way better than the average. Clean to the point of immaculate; well-maintained and very impressive all around! The spacious lobby has a small bar and cafe, with excellent seating variations. I believe they serve meals here as well, but didn't personally partake.

Front desk staff were very helpful with a couple of special requests. The location is good right by a freeway entry/exit. The only negative I have is aircraft noise, which is excessive; windows don't fit as tightly as they could which exacerbates the problem - this hotel really needs double-glazing!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the better places we stayed on our recent trip to California. Couldn't ask for better staff. They were very courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and quiet. I would certainly recommend this motel to anyone visiting the San Francisco area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a new version of the courtyard chain. Overall it is usually a good value with free wifi. But I was shocked to see the $380 a night rate not including breakfast. My secretary made the reservation so I did not know the rate until too late There was nothing there that was worth this fee

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ExceptionalizeIt
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very nice hotel close to SFO but in a quiet office park area. I had a room closest to the highway but never heard the noise. Rooms were super clean and seemed recently redone. Check in was smooth, bed was comfortable, and water pressure was great. Plenty of parking and a nice pool and courtyard area. What more do you need? I'd stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor at the back of the hotel has like 12-15 rooms all alone.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
2 mi away
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North

Been to Courtyard San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!