“A Great Place!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Tucson, Arizona
“A Great Place!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

As a Gold Elite traveler with Marriott, I can give my highest praise to this property! It is in a quiet location ten minutes from SFO, a half mile from the San Bruno BART station and easy access to the freeway. There are plenty of restaurants and shops close by. The property is immaculate and rooms have recently undergone a complete remodel. We have a lovely room overlooking the courtyard, complete with a small balcony with a table and chairs for enjoying the beautiful weather while sipping our morning coffee. The staff is very friendly and I have to give a special shout out to Joe at the front desk for his help and patience in finding me the perfect room for our stay. I am a very picky traveler regarding the location of my room and he accommodated my request to change rooms with a smile and a "happy to help" attitude. I can highly recommend this property for your next stay in the Bay Area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice size rooms in a nice location away from busy El Camino Street. Rooms are a little dated. The Bistro staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The elevator is located at the far end of the hotel away from the lobby. So, you will get your exercise if your room is on the second floor over the lobby. The lobby staff could be a little friendlier, too business oriented instead of "welcoming". Travelers need a friendly smile after a long journey. Conveniently located to SFO, Bart, and other mass transportation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The people at the Courtyard really try hard to make the San Bruno location a good business hotel. This was made more difficult by a balky WiFi and wired Internet system provided by iBahn. It was simply non-functional in about half the hotel, and iffy elsewhere. I eventually got a room with a decent WiFi signal so that I could get work done, but I couldn't get functional wired Internet, so no chance of doing sensitive work. Adding to the problem is the generally poor cell reception in the area, which is outside of the hotel's control, but something that may impact your ability to do work.

The hotel tried everything they could to make it better, and succeeded the best they could. The staff was friendly and polite, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the menu at the restaurant was limited but well prepared.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better cell service than others. Check with the staff.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CY_SFOSB_GM, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for your review and for staying with us. I'm sorry you had internet access issues and am glad to hear you were finally able to get a good connection. We are continuing to upgrade our system to keep up with all the new devices logging on and competing for bandwidth. Thanks again!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After visiting with our daughter's family in southern Oregon we drive to this Marriott for it's proximity to San Francisco Airport. One can check in the rental car at the airport the night before and take the 4:15 a.m. shuttle to the airport for the early flights back east! The property is spotless and the staff are always courteous and helpful! In addition, there are plenty of eateries nearby. We usually to choose to walk a block or so to the local Chili's and get a decent meal before bedtime!

Room Tip: Reserve early if your plans permit since this is a popular location for folks flying out of the airp...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Enjoyed staying at this property. As expected of a Marriott property, it is clean, safe, and allowed us a comfortable stay. It is tucked away in one of the business districts in downtown San Bruno and is close to many shops and restaurants along the main road which is El Camino Real. Freeways are also accessible and downtown San Francisco is about a 20-minute drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Davis, Calif.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family (husband, 2 teenage boys, and me) stayed here just one night recently for one of the boy's soccer tournaments. This was the team hotel, so we had no choice about where we stayed & I didn't even read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel that had lots of amenities and was so elegantly appointed.

We splurged on a 2-room suite, and I was really glad we did. Having a living room to hang out in made our stay so much more comfortable, especially as we all have somewhat different sleep schedules. The microwave proved a great boon for a late-night snack for the boys (popcorn). Our room faced the internal courtyard & was very quiet, but even the street-facing rooms would probably have been fairly quiet, as the hotel is not on a main drag.

The courtyard itself was very pleasant; quiet clumps of guests hung out there throughout the day & into the evening. A pool & jacuzzi drew families. The spacious lounge area off the lobby provided ample space for hanging out, watching TV, plugging in one's laptop, or buying a coffee or glass of wine at the hotel restaurant. We had breakfast there in the a.m. (cost not included). It was not 4-star dining, but wholly adequate, and the service was very friendly.

In a word, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat -- especially if I had a very early SFO flight to catch. We were very close to the airport & planes flew right overhead, but during the night I only heard one or two (& I sleep very badly as a rule). The windows are quite thick. But it's such a pleasant place to stay, I was kind of sorry it was just for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WritingRetreater
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Typical Marriott: clean and comfortable with all the amenities we have all come to expect these days. It's off the main street but very close to all major freeways, shopping, and the SF Airport. It is nestled in an area of office buildings. It's close to a freeway so try to get a room facing the courtyard rather than an exterior room along the freeway side. As we ate all meals out I can not tell you about the food. To find good restaurants check out Millbrae and South San Francisco here at trip advisor.

Room Tip: It's close to a freeway so try to get a room facing the courtyard rather than an exterior room a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Courtyard San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!