“Really liked it - had a great experience.”

Courtyard San Francisco Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Chicago, IL
“Really liked it - had a great experience.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I read the negative reviews and I can honestly say that I had a completely fine experience.

Convenient to the airport. Free, easy parking. Area seemed safe enough.

Check in was smooth, the room was great (clean, fresh) and the fitness center was ok. Fitness room has two Lifefitness treads, an elliptical and free weights. All equipment had tv (Was peeved that the cleaning guy came in while I was in there and ignored the fact that there were no wipes available. He left the empty wipes container on the counter and walked out. LAZY!)

Other than that, no issues. I am a Gold member and was treated very well. Sorry to hear that others may have had a bad experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is closer to the lobby. Otherwise, check in and then drive to the back of the h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Clovis, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Surprisingly quiet hotel considering the how close it is to the SFO airport. The rooms are quiet inside, outside you can hear the planes and traffic, but inside is nice. Parking is free and you can walk to the BART station in 10 minutes or less. The hotel shuttle will take you to the BART or CALTRAIN station between airport trips if you need. The restaurant was surprisingly good, it doesn't look like much, but you'll be surprised by the quality of the food, we were. We stayed a week here and when we go to another Giants or 49er game and plan to stay for a couple days, this will be the place.

Room Tip: Garden side rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1001Randy
Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Simply the rudest set of people I have ever experienced in 28 years of being an original Marriott Honred Guest customer (their original name for Marriott Rewards) currently I am a Platinum Elite
and have over 143 point nights this year. So I think that it should carry some weight that only once before in those 28 years have I complained and this by far was the worst example of out right rude employees I have ever encountered. My room was noisy and near the lobby and I was woken up several times during the night as I looked ahead to a 6 hour flight. After reading a very negative comment here by Jackson55555 after being pretty upset I called the front desk and asked about the shuttle and was told to show up in the lobby 10 minutes before I needed to depart, which I did only to be told at 7:08am that the next van was at 7:30. I encountered a employee who had a second employee jump in and begin to verbally assault me and she wasn't even discret enough to take me away from where many other guest were standing. A cab was called and the "Blond [--]" (a name given to her by another guest) walked past me and I tried to explain to her that I had called and checked and she threw her hand up and said "I'm not talking to you". I must agree she met the definition of the name quite squarely! When I checked in I had encountered a very cold and rude attitude and can only conclude that these people were hired by a manager that hires people like himself. Unfortunately the negative comments here about "out dated decor" are probably outside his powers but the tragedy is that hiring people who are pleasant and instilling this attitude from the top down cost no extra dollars! I reflects totally on management or lack thereof and Bill Marriott has a Committee of Excellence for his senior leadership team it is unfortunate that somehow this hotel has failed to understand what traditions they should be protecting and honoring.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 2Travelers4life
Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2012

In my first 23 years I have complained about only one other Marriott and as a Platinum Elite with 143 nights in 2012 (it's August 10, 2012) I think that if I take the time to draw concern about this corporate owned hotel that just maybe someone should listen! This year I have been treated with the excellent service from the JW Marriott in Bangkok to the Marriott in Vail, Colorado to the Marriott Asia in Istanbul, Turkey and I can tell you that this hotel near SFO has the least friendly and the most incompetant dishonest staff I have ever encountered and it's a corporate owned hotel!

I can only imagine the incompetence of the General Manager as hotels tend to reflect the values and attitudes of their senior leadership and I must say that since I have met Bill Marriott, Jr. twice over the years while he was visiting hotels to evaluate that he would be quite embarrassed with this hotel! The front desk staff has major attitudes and treat you like you are at a hotel 6 rather than what I have considered the #1 hotel chain in the world.

I had to return my rental car to the airport and take the shuttle back despite asking to just maybe have them pick me up at the Hertz return location. I called three times after waiting for 25 mins and received different stories from different people at the front desk and they are less than 10 minutes away!.

I will avoid the Courtyard brand like the plague as I have received far better service form the Towne Suites, Residency Inns and even the Fairfield's! If they treat Platinum Elites with such disdain I can only imagine how they treat those that are just occasional guest!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank OnePlaneAway
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Im on holiday in the US and this was an excellent hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and were kind letting us check-in early. The hotel was very clean and not too busy which was nice. The pool and spa was nice and we had it to ourselves most of the time because there were so few people. This hotel is business oriented but was great for a family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really bad front desk experience at what is typically a competent hotel chain. If you are a frequent traveler and use to having your status mean anything - avoid this hotel First do not trust the complimentary van ride to the airport. I got down this morning at 6 am for the 630 van (a whole 1/2 hour ahead) - you could not schedule in advance. There was a family of six who could not get on the 6 am - since it seats 7 and there were two on already. So they had the 630 - and I had to go get a cab.

Meanwhile the front desk people were snarky. "When will the cab be here." "I have no idea, lets call them. She calls. "What did they say?", "They are on there way."

No matter who was at the desk this is how they acted. Also we called up for sheets for the couch - and it took two call and thirty minutes

Just a real bad Marriott Courtyard.

Would be terrible - but the lobby and room appeared clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CY_SFOSB_GM, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to our hotel.
I would like to apologize of behalf of our hotel team for your experience.
We try to add staff when we know we will be busy, and I'm sorry you had to wait.
Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Member and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the SFO airport area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great hotel near the airport for an early morning flight. Airport shuttle is fast and free, it starts at 4:20 AM.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Courtyard San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!