“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was our first visit to San Francisco and The Gateway Inn was the excellent choice for my husband and I 4 nights stay! Too bad that the hotel was far from San Francisco. We weren't happy to spend more than 2 hours traveling back and forth, we had to take the BART, bus or the metro to get to SF, there were days that we had to wait for the bus/metro more that 1/2 hr. and walk to the San Bruno BART, located about one mile from the hotel. Other than that, the room was very clean, the king size bed was a little to soft for my liking, but I love that fact that they use bleach to clean the bathroom! Thank you ROSA for an OUTSTANDING JOB!
Customer Service was excellent!! The complementary shuttle from and to the airport was wonderful especially after spending a lot of time and tired of using the public transportation back and forth. Thank you for the complementary breakfast, that gave us energy to walk to the BART. Thank you to the manager who was also very attentive let us check in 2 hrs early, provide us the internet password.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carla F
JohnHira, General Manager at Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Hello !

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to San francisco. We had certainly enjoyed having you at our hotel. We always try to provide comfort and friendly environment to our guest. Guest satisfaction and Exceptional customer service is our main goal, which we try to achieve with our friendly and helpful staff. FYI , if you travel during a non pick hours to SF city than you can definatly reach there within 20 minutes, without any big hassel.Hope we will see you again during your future visit to SF. Thank you again for your support. Regards, Ojas Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Gateway Inn in San Bruno is a great find. While it has an unassuming front office it has the ambiance of a small botique hotel. The staff members are helpful and personable. When you take the elevator to the second floor it opens up to an indoor courtyard. The rooms are spacious, remarkably clean, and the towels are soft. There are some tradeoffs for the modest price: inexpensive soaps and shampoos, cereal or pre-wrapped pastry continental breakfast. Great value for a hotel located close to SFO.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ernieandmarie
Hello !

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to San francisco. We had certainly enjoyed having you at our hotel. We always try to provide comfort and friendly environment to our guest. Guest satisfaction and Exceptional customer service is our main goal, which we try to achieve with our friendly and helpful staff. Hope we will see you again during your future visit to SF. Thank you again for your support. Regards, Ojas Mehta
Concord
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

To make it short, I have been staying there off and on for the last month. They do a great job. My room is always clean. For example, the other day I forgot to make a reservation, and they were full when I came in. The mansger still found a way to get me into a room, I even offered to to come back later in the day, that is excellent customer service. The entire crew is always very friendly and my room is always clean and stocked. Like I said the crew area always very accommodating to my needs. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great rates, clean and nice rooms. Great Management and crew.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty good. They have covered parking, that helps.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello !

Thank you very much for staying with us each week We are certainly enjoying having you at our hotel every time. We always try to provide comfort and friendly environment to our guest. Guest satisfaction and Exceptional customer service is our main goal, which we try to achieve with our friendly and helpful staff. Hope we will see you again and again each week to serve you to your expectations.. Thank you again for your support. Regards, Ojas Mehta
Pretoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I called them on a Sunday night at 11:20 standed and looking for a neat tidy and respectable place where I can get a good rest thats also affordable. I called, they gave me a delux room at a discounted price with a complimentary breakfast. initially, I got a funny sea type odour in the bedroom, but this has since disspeared after they cleaned the room the next day, I think they should have aired it a bit during the day - or I became used to it.....lol
So, after my first night I thought I may not want to stick around here for too, long, dont know the place, the neighbourhood and the area the Hotel is in since arrived late at night.
But then I met, Ojas, the Manager in charge. What a helpfull fellow this is. He recommended places for me to visit, ow to travel, where to dine, where to shop and was just generally very friendly. I think, the service and respect I got from him convinced me that this is the place I should stay at for the reamainder of my SF time.
Advantages:
Advantages of staying here is that it's not in the busy part of the world and there's all amenities close by, including a number of diners and a big shopping mall for those who just like me, need to get to a mall....Just....
They are on the municipal bus route and also not far from the railway line, so one can travel to and from San Franciso and even to the San Franciso Airport with the train.
This is also a quiet area with lost of Old People and an upmarket type area.

Disadvantages:
Look, this is no Hilton, and neither do I expect a Hilton or like from the place, each place is unique. However, that said, in my view, some staff members, especially the cleaning staff cannot converse properly in English which makes asking them for information or requesting things difficult, perhaps we should start booking places here with a Spannish dictionary
Place lacks a bit of money to push it to the bigger leagues, small things like overall finishings, room furniture, bedding, cupboards, lamps, Television are still old and need to be replaced.
they also need to focus on getting some proper glassware in the rooms in stead of the plastic goods, that is a bit trashy. Also no safe in the rooms. Also, they need some new interior decopr and more space created in the fayer downstairs as it looks slightly crowded and small.
That said, from US $60 per night including a complimentary breakfast, I would strongly recommend this place. Also, please rate them against other competitors in the market and they will come out tops. Speak to the manager, Ojas Mehta, - I still remember the name and surname - he will sort you out in no time.

Room Tip: Try getting the Rooms facing the road, a better view and not a busy road either Ask them for specia...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello !

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to US(San francisco). We had certainly enjoyed having you at our hotel. We always try to provide comfort and friendly environment to our guest. Guest satisfaction and Exceptional customer service is our main goal, which we try to achieve with our friendly and helpful staff.Our management is in process to upgrade the rooms, amenities and breakfast items very soon. Hope we will see you again during your future visit to SF. Thank you again for your support. Regards, Ojas Mehta
Fresno, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have been staying at the Gateway Inn and Suites for years. I usually book through Travelocity and have been able to get great rates, usually under $75. It's conveniently located close to SF and the peninsula. Free covered parking. I've often thought about booking a room IN SF, but w/ parking costs at about $25-30 per night, it's more cost effective to drive into the city. Clean facility; just some traffic noise as it is located on El Camino Real.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I am a regular traveller and travel around many countries. Whenever the choice of hotel comes, I have 3 priorities - Safety, Privacy and Cleanliness. These are the factors of comfort for me. Since my current trip was about to long for around 2 months, one of my friends in San Francisco referred me this hotel. And I am really thankful to my friend who recommended me this place. I found it best in all ways i.e. Safety, Privacy and Clealiness. Now since I am staying here for almost 2 months, I would say that it's much more worth then the room tarrifs. Entire Staff is quite honest, friendly and always smiling, room gets cleaned and arranged daily, rooms are pretty spacious and good continental breakfast. Location wise also it is very close to CalTrain Station (since i don't have a car being a travller) and market is ten steps away which provides icing on the cake. I must say that my 2 months stay here was quite pleasent and comfortable. I am definitely going to stay here during my next visit and have also recommended my company people to consider this hotel for business travellers. I must say that hotel people really took good care of me.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hello !

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to US (San francisco). We had certainly enjoyed having you at our hotel for 2 months. We always try to provide comfort and friendly environment to our guest. Guest satisfaction and Exceptional customer service is our main goal, which we try to achieve with our friendly and helpful staff. Hope we will see you again during your future visit to US. Thank you again for your support. Regards, Ojas Mehta
Grass Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Clean Comfortable rooms , friendly staff and crew. We especially liked the courtyard and Continental Breakfast.They also have a covered Garage to park your vehicle.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#3 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!