“Good place to stay outside of SF”

Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Campbell, California
“Good place to stay outside of SF”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We are a family of 4 and want to visit San Francisco. After some research, I included that most decent hotels in the city are too expensive, and worse they all charge hefty fee for parking space (some hotels don't even have parking.) Gateway Inn has just what we needs - clean, FREE parking (semi enclosed area so you don't have to worry about something happen to your car at night), and convenient location (near lots of restaurants and only easy 20min drive info SF.) Another good feature here is the foyer area which provides a nice open space to hang out or have breakfast.

The only part I wasn't too happy was that they had to hold a $50 cash deposit during our stay (maybe in the past they've got guests who damaged to stole something from the property.)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I live in Sonoma County and work in San Francisco 3 days a week, and I've been staying at this hotel every Wednesday and Thursday for many months. The staff is helpful and responsive. The rooms are great - enough floor space to do calisthenics, and I really like the high ceilings, which make the room feel even more spacious. In the past, I've tried other hotels and motels in the area, but I'm sticking with this one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Vallejo, California
Reviewed March 19, 2011

me and my friends were just looking for a place to stay 1 saturday night and ended up at gateway inn and suites in san bruno,ca. we stayed there because the rooms were nice, clean and cozy for a low price. parking is free and they offer complimentary continental breakfast. what i liked the most in my stay was their free wi fii service and friendly customer service. i would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I decided to stay here one night . . . a few months back, and it was such a clean hotel that I decided to do it again, and again. Whenever I need a place to stay in that area, I go to Gateway Inn. The front desk staff is kind and courteous, and once they get to know you - after a few stays - they will really take care of you. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Worst experience ever. I had stayed there before alone, so i decided to take my family. my husband & i got in this small bed and the bed bowed.. made like a V.. Hard pillows. 3 guest in room and 2 towels. Asked and went to desk 1st night. 2nd night asked maid in front of laundry and she said they were out. Went to sunset Beach so forget about taking 2 baths. Coffee & cups but no coffee pot to brew. They charged $10 per additional person per night. Cameras everywhere and keep questioning my daughters age and how many ppl in our room. Asked my daughter a student in sf to pay $10 and she was only visiting us. Also Overheard another guest that said the maid walked into their room without knocking. Geez!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sfsuparent
JohnHira, Director of Sales at Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
We will do a better job of accomodating your needs next time and we have discussed this matter with our employees and taken corrective action.
We charged you an extra person fee of $10 since your reservation was only for two people.
We hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these San Bruno hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My Wife and I stayed for 6 days. The parking was an issue one night, but not a big deal...I parked on the street. The breakfast was OK...can't complain since it was included in the cheap price. The Owners were professional and helped us plan our days in SF. Overall I would rate this place as excellent. If you need a clean place to stay that's affordable, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The rooms are spacious and very clean. The sheets and bedding seemed to appear fairly new..I plan to stay there again!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport
Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport
#12 of 13 in San Bruno
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST

Been to Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!