“Great food”

Don Pico's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 153 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brussels, Belgium
“Great food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was staying with my family at a nearby hotel for 1 night and decided to go to that restaurant. It was full but only had to wait 10 minutes before getting a table. The waitress was very friendly and the food excellent with big portions. We all ordered the same meal (fajitas) and were not disappointed. The atmosphere in the restaurant was friendly. A very good experience.

“The staff was so rude, the worse restaurant experience in my life.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A whole month trough the USA this was our last stop and this was horrible. We have not experienced staff this rude anywhere they switched 4 different waitreses to our table and every one of them were rude. They did not understand english good, we ordered food from one guy he didnt understand so he sent a woman to our table. She was nonchalant, we said water no gas and we got water with gas that costs 5 dollar/bottle. We didnt want to complain since they already sent 4 different people to us and we do not know why. The food was not good for the price we´ve paid it should have been excellent. We ate better mexican food in other places in the USA that was muuuuch cheaper and where the staff was mych better.

Ths was the worse restaurant experience in my life.
Why are people working there that cant speak english and cant understand their guests?
Why are they so rude to their guests? I saw how rude they were to other guest so it made me uncomfartable to sit there.

• Visited October 2012
TAMARAC
“Rating for FOOD only--not service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This food was AWESOME! We waited our whole vacation for a meal this outstanding. We both had steak dishes, that were lick your plate yummy. Thesalsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and green chile sauce were all excellent. Every part of the plate was so delicious. The salsa isn't your normal mild salsa, it has a nice kick to it. The steak was so tender and juicy it was all devoured---and they are not small portions either! My husband even said the flour tortillas tasted good. Definitely a great place to go for excellent Mexican.

On the down side, service was really bad. I think they were under staffed for lunch time because it took a while to get served, but the food was well worth the wait!!!

• Visited October 2012
Freeport, L.I., NY
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Shrimp Quesdilla had small shrimp (amount and size) and no flavor. Perhaps the regular highly rated cook was off that day.

Visited August 2012
Uxbridge, Canada
“Still the best !”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My favorite place to eat in all of San Fracncisco ! Food is as authentic as the atmosphere. Resturaunt has been expanded since I was last there to include a large tequilla bar but they were able to keep the same small resturaunt charm!

Visited September 2012