“The staff was so rude, the worse restaurant experience in my life.”

Don Pico's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 163 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A whole month trough the USA this was our last stop and this was horrible. We have not experienced staff this rude anywhere they switched 4 different waitreses to our table and every one of them were rude. They did not understand english good, we ordered food from one guy he didnt understand so he sent a woman to our table. She was nonchalant, we said water no gas and we got water with gas that costs 5 dollar/bottle. We didnt want to complain since they already sent 4 different people to us and we do not know why. The food was not good for the price we´ve paid it should have been excellent. We ate better mexican food in other places in the USA that was muuuuch cheaper and where the staff was mych better.

Ths was the worse restaurant experience in my life.
Why are people working there that cant speak english and cant understand their guests?
Why are they so rude to their guests? I saw how rude they were to other guest so it made me uncomfartable to sit there.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This food was AWESOME! We waited our whole vacation for a meal this outstanding. We both had steak dishes, that were lick your plate yummy. Thesalsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and green chile sauce were all excellent. Every part of the plate was so delicious. The salsa isn't your normal mild salsa, it has a nice kick to it. The steak was so tender and juicy it was all devoured---and they are not small portions either! My husband even said the flour tortillas tasted good. Definitely a great place to go for excellent Mexican.

On the down side, service was really bad. I think they were under staffed for lunch time because it took a while to get served, but the food was well worth the wait!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Shrimp Quesdilla had small shrimp (amount and size) and no flavor. Perhaps the regular highly rated cook was off that day.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My favorite place to eat in all of San Fracncisco ! Food is as authentic as the atmosphere. Resturaunt has been expanded since I was last there to include a large tequilla bar but they were able to keep the same small resturaunt charm!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We've eaten here several times before and always enjoyed it. They have expanded the restaurant size. We arrived around 5:30 PM on a Saturday and were seated immediately. The restaurant filled up quickly. The chips and salsa are delicious. The chips are not too salty like some restaurants and the salsa has a nice bite to it. We tried the triple ceviche appetizer which is so fresh and flavorful. Also the chorizo cheese was so good.I had the Mexican jambalaya with crawfish. It was a huge portion and could easily be shared by 2 people so I brought half of it home. My daughter had one of the Paella dishes which was fabulous and could have served two people as well. My husband loved the crab enchiladas. We shared one hazelnut sopapilla for dessert. It was HUGE! The food was delicious. I highly recommend Don Picos for great Mexican food. Service was excellent as well.