“Awesome hotel for a great price! Close to hotel, continental breakfast, clean and comfy rooms!!”

Hotel Aura San Bruno
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Edmonton
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I was really impressed with this hotel. I haven't stayed at a HoJo for many years, and this one definitely left a good impression on me and my husband. We stayed here on our last night in SF, before heading home. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and courteous. The hotel was very new and clean! Our room was roomy, had comfy beds, lots of pillows, large bathroom and it was also very clean! There was free wifi, continental breakfast, underground parking.

One bit of advice is to request the 3rd or main floor. We were on the 2nd floor, which is where the breakfast is served, and "social tables" are situated. You can hear people hanging out there in the evening, chatting, which can be annoying if you're trying to get to sleep. The same can be said for the morning time.

Overall, a great hotel and a great price!! Will stay here next time we fly into SF!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swandive_pixie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed there for one night after a long flight. I booked online it cost $41 so very cheap. There is a complimentary bus shuttle which you phone for at SFO airport. The room was a king double and very clean with a safe, tea and coffee facilities. Our room was overlooking a car park still had a view of palm trees! The hotel is on quite a busy road in San Bruno but we didn't notice any noise. The surrounding area is motels and some business and residential areas, it looked a bit dodgy at night but come the morning it seemed average. We walked down to some shops and had no problems. The continental breakfast was cereal, bagels, pastries, fruit and boiled eggs. I would say this hotel is very good value and would definately recommend for an airport hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband, toddler and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in San Bruno for 5 nights while visiting San Francisco. The staff was friendly, our room was nice (clean, quiet), and we were within 15-20 minutes driving for any sightseeing we wanted to do. We got a great price ($52/night). The breakfast was adequate. Also, they had free parking, which we couldn't find when we were looking to stay in San Francisco. I guess my only complaint would be that the beds were hard, but I've had that complaint in many hotels. If I were to visit San Francisco again, I'd stay here if the price were the same.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lovestotravel034
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2010

This hotel will be "my place" anytime I'm in the San Francisco area. It is convenient to the airport and major highways, clean, comfortable and with a great breakfast. Service was great and it was just the perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank rbeach
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We arrived on a late flight around 2:30am. The front desk clerk, Joseph, was so friendly and genuinely happy to serve us, it was a nice surprise for being in the middle of the night. Rooms were nice and clean, bathroom was very nice, everything is updated. Breakfast room needs more tables, however it was a good variety for continental (bagels, toast, juice, fruit, cereal, muffins, coffee etc). Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2010
London, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed 2 nights when we first arrived in the city and the night before we left. Nothing but good things to say. Excellent service, we were picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle and used it again when we left. Staff was very helpful, always friendly. Our room was even better than we expected, very clean, comfy bed, updated nice clean bathroom, and very quiet. Breakfst was good, started nice and early and had lot's of choices. Surrounding area was nice, lot's to see within walking distance and only 2km from the mall and BART station to go to downtown.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rawnyd
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I'm not sure if my brief 8 hour stay in the hotel entitles me to write a review, but it won't stop me from writing it!! My flight landed after midnight and I wasn't going to consider driving to Yosemite so late. The hotel is well-located on a busy, but safe street. The underground parking is very handy, especially when you're tired from a cross-country flight and all you want to do it check-in and collapse into bed.
The breakfast was typical continental fare - juice, coffee, bagels, etc.. The dining room is small and was packed, so I took my breakfast back to my room and ate it there.
My one complaint is that when I walked into the hotel lobby, it smelled of smoke as if someone was either smoking in the lobby or too near the lobby door. It was not what someone who is sleep-deprived needs to smell at that hour.
Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who has a very early, or very late flight.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West

Been to Hotel Aura San Bruno? Share your experiences!