“New Hotel, Great Service, Lavish Breakfast, Low Rates”

Hotel Aura San Bruno
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Title sums it all. Its a brand new hotel, everything smells and feels new. Should have been worth a lot more. We stayed for 3 nights. The service was great. Continental breakfast never ran out, unlike some hotels who dont bring refils. Management made sure that service was polite. e.g., I used their Laser printer (10cents per page) but they didnt charge. Sufficient parking available. Neat and clean environment. Neighborhood has several franchise restaurants. I would strongly recommend to stay here. On weekends, the drive to SF downtown or Fisherman's Wharf is hardly 20-25 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Well, as a traveling musician, I can say that affordable places to stay with easy access to public transportation and key city spots is invaluable...and this Howard Johnson was just that.

I was treated very well by the staff and my accommodations were just what I needed.

The hotel was within easy walking distance to BART (San Francisco's main subway and public transportation system), and it was a very quick ride into the heart of San Francisco.

My room was clean and well stocked with goodies like coffee and tea, as well as cable and wireless internet.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience and I couldn't recommend it more...especially to those looking for good value.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Me and My Friends Choose this hotel because is convince and Close to major freeway and close to local attractions. Hotel is nice & clean the whole buildings and rooms is new , possibly recent renovation. The front desk is friendly & check in quickly. The House Keeping is Kind of sucks after a long day running around and notice the room is not clean & House keeping did half the job.Need to call 2 times in order to reach hose keeping to clean the entire room. Breakfast is average Juice & Coffee and Cereal, Fresh Fruit, and Muffins. I will recommend this hotel to friends for a low budget rate with a nice comfortable & ckean place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We chose this HOJO because it was close to SFO and we had an early flight. The hotel advertises a free shuttle but does not say that you have to call them when you arrive. They send a taxi for free. Learned the hard way by paying a taxi to take us to the hotel.They would not reimburse us. Most other hotels have shuttles that routinely come by the airport designated spot. The continental breakfast was a joke. They offer bread, cereal and dry pastries. Cannot get a good nights rest due to the walls being paper thin. Sounded like circus performers in the room above us. The room smelled musty. Hotel does not resemble pictures. Definitely would NOT stay at this HOJO ever again. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasReviewer
GMHOJO, Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2009

Dear Guest,

I would like to inform you that the Howard Johnson San Bruno has all new staff and management. I apologize for your experience at the hotel and would like to reassure you that the items you mentioned on your review have been addressed so that any future guests will not experience disappointment.

Best regards,

Vinny
(General Manager)

Reviewed September 5, 2008

My family and I had two rooms at the Howard Johnson and were very disappointed and absolutly disgusted with the state of the rooms and the service. When we first arrived we had to look for someone to serve us first of all and when we got to our rooms we were shocked to find that they were unvaccumed (there was a toe nail clipping on the floor), the sheets were unwashed (filthy), wrinkled. The supposidly "clean" towlels hanging on the towel rack in the bathroom were dirty- obviously unwashed. When we called the front desk to complain about the towels they told me to "come down and get more" - like it was my job to do so. The tiles were missing in the bathroom- looking like a remodeling site. The comforters were once again disgusting. The fridge and coffee maker were not cleaned properly. We had to get our ice in plastic ziplock bags that I had on me because the ice bucket had dirt in it. We were shocked to notice as we turned down the bed that there what looked to be seamin stains on the sheet. We called for the manager to come to our room and look at the state of our room and he said "when I have time" then when he did come up he just gave us new sheets that WE had to put on the bed ourselves.
To top everything off- my sister went to return the rental car that we had for the week and the lady att the front desk said to call the shuttle service the hotel says they have when they need to be picked up (thats the main reason why we booked the hotel) and they waited for 2 hours for one and they never came. My sister had to pay out of her own pocket for something that we were told they provided but obviously lied. When my sister came back around 9pm she complained to the same front desk clerk and said "my sisters and daughter have been waiting for 3 hours for us and they are hungry" the woman replied "thats not my problem" My sister also said that our mother would be staying there the next week but we will tell her to not come because its terrible the woman replied "so.. we dont need her business"
We asked for our money back but said that they couldnt give it to us because it was "pre-paid"
We were extremly disgusted that the people that managed this hotel just dont seem to care.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Megannamix
GMHOJO, General Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2009

Dear Guest,

Best regards,

Vinny
(General Manager)

Reviewed July 10, 2007

i stayed in this hotel for july 03-july 12 ,2007

1-) Towel's are small ( it's like a Face towel you hardly wipe urself)
2-) Dont Trust the Wake up call, l was late to work, they didnt call me.
3-) Breakfast, l think l saw better breakfast menu from different Hotel's l been stayed at.
4-) vending machine is takeing your money and l went to front desk, he just take my name and room number, l never hear from him again LOL...
5-) Wireless is bad connection But if you use Cat5 cable is fast.

OK THIS IS NEGATIVE STUFF, NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT GOOD STUFF
1-) Parking, is awsome
2-) Room was very clean , nice comfortable bed.
3-)Friendly Room cleaning ladys...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Turk_Arab
Reviewed August 9, 2006

This hotel is nothing to write home about, but it was a functional hotel that didn't do anything to offend. We had a clean room with a king sized bed, and there was a coffee maker, mini-fridge, and microwave oven available for use. The TV offered basic cable TV fare, so don't expect to get any PPV entertainment. The bathroom was roomy and clean, but the towels provided were thin and small; not what you would offer guests in your own home. The hotel website states there is free wireless internet, and there is also a wired port as well. Not sure about the wireless access, as what I thought was the hotel network required a network key. I didn't bother asking since the motel across the street had an unsecured network that I took advantage of. There was free parking with a couple of parkade levels that don't connect to each other, and is hard to pick up when driving.

I was told by family that the hotel was opened a couple of years ago. The surrounding area doesn't look that hospitable, but the area is safe.

• Stayed: July 2006
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Coyote Point Inn

Been to Hotel Aura San Bruno? Share your experiences!