“Good value airport hotel”

Hotel Aura San Bruno
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Needed a room for a night before heading up to Wine Country. Decided on this Howard Johnson and I didn't regret it. The staff are friendly, the free wi-fi has a strong signal, good room size and I thought the continental breakfast was quite good. The only thing that I didn't like was the noise from the adjacent rooms since you can hear when other guests are using the bathroom in their rooms.

If I ever need a hotel room for a short stay near the San Francisco airport, I'd consider this Howard Johnson again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Prativ P, General Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your recent stay at our hotel and giving us your honest feedback. We are pleased to know that you liked our internet speed and our hotel in general.Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions and we would love to have you as our customer in future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Prativ P, General Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Reviewed April 26, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Howard Johnson Express San Bruno has maintained it's quality over the years. Although it has anick here and there, it is well maintained and SO quite.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the recent stay at our hotel. We are very greatful for your time and giving us your feedback. We are pleased to know that you like our hotel.We appreciate your business and would hope to see you in future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I cannot understand the good reviews the hotel got - my experience was different. I got the impression that my bed hadn't been made after the last guest: the linen was crinkled and I found hairs on the pillow... The shuttle from the airport was ok, it arrived soon after I had phoned the hotel. In the morning, I had to take a taxi, though, because there was only one shuttle hourly which didn't fit my departure. It wasn't noisy, but not really quiet either. I was disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Prativ P, General Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. we truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. I'm very concerned with the comments you made about the cleanliness of the room. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. You can be assured that I will address your concerns with the housekeeping staff immedicately. We hope you will give us another chance and during your next stay with us, please do not hesistate to call down to the front desk and inform them of any situation as they will be happy to make sure a room attendant addresses your concerns right away.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Only stayed here for a night as we had an early morning flight the next day. We were very impressed by the cleanliness of the room and the fact that we were given 2 queen beds.

Pros:
- Very clean and quiet.
- Showers had great pressure and also very clean.
- They provide shuttle buses that starts at 4am.
- Free parking.
- Free breakfast

Recommend this stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Howard Johnson in San Bruno, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear that you found your stay to be convenient and comfortable. We look forward to hosting again in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We needed a hotel that was close to SFO. This hotel was excellent for us in all ways. The shuttle arrived quickly. Check-in was easy and fast. The rooms are small, but we were not in our room but to sleep and take showers. The beds were comfortable and included extra pillows. The bathroom was spacious enough for me and three children. Breakfast was adequate but I wasn't expecting much for the price we paid. I appreciated how the windows open because I like fresh air in my room. I would stay here again. The Cal Train is only a few blocks away to get into the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Prativ P, General Manager at Hotel Aura San Bruno, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, we really appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns and would like to plan your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West

Been to Hotel Aura San Bruno? Share your experiences!