“**** WARNING ****”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
minneapolis
“**** WARNING ****”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Let me start by saying I was not at all looking for nice room when I booked this. I fully understood that I was getting a budget room which it was. That being said, on the third night of my stay, there was a party going on throughout the night in the rooms down the hall. I am a pretty sound sleeper, however when the fighting broke out and GUNS and BATS were being waved around right outside my door I thought that might have been too much even for the price I paid. when men were throwing glass bottles down the balcony at the guys they were fighting with (with cars as collateral damage) I thought it was time for the police to get involved, since apparently the staff were not going to do anything. The police came, guns drawn; men face down on the ground. It was all very entertaining; however I didn’t get any sleep.
But wait, here is the best part. One might think that when you go to check out the next day they would be very apologetic and try to make up for the less than stellar experience. If they had, I might not have written anything at all. Nope, since I had “prepaid” they said they would not refund anything and instead offered a discount on the next time I wanted to come back… aaah, right. And not a singe apology. San Fransisco- great
Regency Inn- not so great

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jarsh_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orewa, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

The husband/wife team were very helpful and approachable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

It's fine for maybe a night or just a solo traveler, but the room wasn't clean enough. Maids disturbed in the mornings.. small tv. However had fridge and micro even though turn dial micro. Staff is okay, I wouldn't stay here again if I had other options. Parking Lot is a mess.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

My mom and I stayed here one night on our way out of San Fran from vacation b/c it was close to the airport. The free airport shuttle was nice, and the drivers were friendly and helpful. The room was OK, it needed a good deep clean but it wasn't terrible. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator, which was very nice. It was noisy b/c it was so close to the airport and the stairs going up to the 2nd floor are very steep and hard to carry heavy luggage up. Breakfast was mostly non-existant...I ate at the airport instead. Staff was just ok, not friendly but not rude. When trying to call the hotel, a few times the phone wasn't even answered.

• Stayed September 2010
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I will never come back to this hotel (and no other hotel from this chain). Rooms stink from smoke, unbearable noise, the AC was broken, the walls were peeling and dirty, the hotel shuttle was late. Worst hotel ever.

When I first entered the room, it smelled like smoke. The receptionist told me explicitly that this is a non-smoking room as I reserved, but went to spray it with anti-smoke spray (?!?).
Only in the evening, I saw that other rooms have a non-smoking sign but mine does not. I went to the reception, the receptionist still held to her lie that the room is non smoking, but the other guy there told me that the hotel is sold out and that the type of room for rooms reserved in Expedia is not guaranteed (this is false as far as I know, and it is the first time it happens to me).

My family and I had very little sleep during the night, if any. The smoke smell was intolerable, the strong light from outside, the noise, and the fact that the AC was broken.

BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AcademicWithFamily
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

The hotel was near the airport. The main city was quiet far from it. There was no place for shopping or sightseening nearby.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable for sleep. Bathroom was also good and clean.
There was no internet facility in the room. The tea and coffee maker was also not there in the room.
There was no restaurant, swimming pool or business centre.
Overall only suitable if you want to come in the evening and g back the next morning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

We decided to stop in SF after our Hawaii trip. First time in SF, we had a late arrival and decided to stay a couple of days at an airport Hotel, prior to moving to the city. Found this hotel to be a bargain, we rented a car, parking is available as well as free continental breakfast. The couple managing the place, husband a wife team, were extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. The room was super comfortable and clean, with fridge and micro wave. Airport Shuttle provided, and were helpful to transport me to pick up my rental car the next day. Can's say enough about how helpful the staff was. I was very impressed with this hotel. Reasonable parking. Reliable internet.

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Regency Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!