“Agree with most reviews”

Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Bakersfield, California
“Agree with most reviews”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was skeptical about staying here after reading the reviews, but decided getting a hotel with better reviews down the road in Millbrae might have more airplane noise, so thought we'd chance it. The lobby is a bit weird and uninviting, and there was only one luggage cart (that we could find) to get luggage to the room. The place is older....doors hanging a bit funny, and an old paint job...and the key cards generally worked. I was skeptical about the cleanliness of the carpet, so made a point to always wear shoes. The bathroom was well lit and clean, granite vanity, and there was good water pressure, but the towels were of the Motel 6 variety. No mold or anything icky on the shower curtain or tub. The beds were comfortable, although the pillows were way too puffy and made of foam (I'm a feather pillow person), but the sheets were clean and we got a good nights sleep. When the windows were open, you could hear some airplanes overhead...but either the flight path changed late afternoon, or when we closed the window, all was quiet. There was a flat screen TV, but the remote was a bit quirky....sometimes it worked, sometimes not so good (you just had to get close to the screen and then select the channel or volume). We were on the second floor away from busy El Camino Real Road, and it was very quiet. We were there for 3 nights, and it was OK. I did see drink rings on the night stand between the beds when we checked in, so in my germ-riddance mode, I wiped down all flat surfaces and felt better after that. Wi-fi was spotty, but my computer geek husband has some sort of signal booster antenna he carries in the computer bag, so that device let us have great Wi-fi while there. I might stay there again if I had the need to be in the area again....it was a large room, and I didn't feel unsafe.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room away from the busy El Camino Real street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Southpass_TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
El Cerrito
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Though the lobby area was a tad small and tacky, the room was a pleasant surprise. There was a bit of street noise, but otherwise, it was possible to get a good night's sleep before flying out the next morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was definitely scary. There were lots of people sitting around in a very small room. The entrance off of the parking was just plain ugly. We chose it because of the proximity to the airport. When we arrived, the host said we had the last two rooms in the city...a different floor from our friends even though we had booked long before (we wanted adjacent rooms). Breakfast was in a remote area. The inside courtyards were lovely.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these San Bruno hotels

Cortland
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We selected this hotel due to its proximity to the airport. Room was nice but sheets had a stain and lobby area was not inviting. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently stayed two nights, at the beginning and end of my 10-day trip. I recommend this hotel very highly for its proximity to SFO and the park & fly program. (Typically with park & fly one stays at the beginning or end of the trip only, but I needed the two nights.)

The hotel is a 10 minute drive from SFO, and there is ample parking for the park & fly cars. The rooms are very nice, with toiletries, a good shower, comfy beds, a/c, and a huge television. The free breakfast is fine, although the room is tiny and gets crowded, but it's a good start to the day.

The hotel is very quiet, and a good night's sleep is likely, although the comforter on the bed is sooo heavy! One either sleeps without it and uses the one light blanket provided (not very warm at all), or sleeps under it with the sensation of five or six blankets smothering one with too much warmth! A lighter weight comforter would be welcome, by me, anyway.

The shuttle to the airport runs only once an hour, so one can be too early or a little rushed at the airport. (I prefer every half-hour myself.) The pickup is fine, however; you just phone from the airport and it's there within 15-20 minutes.

The hotel is on a main street, with nearby restaurants and shops. I don't know how close the BART station is, although it's probably pretty close.

The check-in process was good; the employees were very pleasant and helpful. Overall, a very good choice for park & fly.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor to avoid thumping feet above me. There are only two floors here, so ask for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST

Been to Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport? Share your experiences!