“Great hotel at a great rate!”

Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is really nice and well kept inside and out! Upon arrival the front desk clerk Vagish was very friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast had plenty of choices such as cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, bananas and yogurt. There is a Wendy's, Chili's, mall, theater and Target near by which was very convenient. My child will be attending college in the fall and this is definitely going to be our go to hotel when we visit!

Room Tip: The king size room was very spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank C M

Reviewed April 17, 2013

2  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotels dot com booked me in here when a flight delay forced an overnight stay. After getting to the shuttle pick-up location, I used the courtesy phone and was immediately yelled at. "We've been looking for you! Where are you? What airline did you come in on?" When I answered, I was told I was wrong, that that couldn't be right. Amazing. Eventually the shuttle did show up and dropped me off in front of the hotel.

The front door was locked. A large man inside, who didn't appear to be an employee but who knows what their dress code is, motioned to me to go around the building. The next door was a blind door without a handle. I assumed this must be incorrect and turned into the parking lot. There I found a door leading to a security window, the kind you find on gas stations or subway ticket booths in scary neighborhoods. I waited while a woman sat with her back to me, playing on her computer. Eventually, she looked at me and impatiently waved me toward a door that had a sign on it saying "No admittance after 10pm". The door was buzzed unlocked and I was admitted, my passport taken and a credit card requested even though I had prepaid. "For incidentals," she said. I saw no sign of any possibility of incidental charges.

The shuttle bus only operates once per hour, so in order to catch my 7am flight, I had to book the 5:10am shuttle. The woman told me this was booked. The next morning when I came down to board the shuttle, it wasn't there. She had booked me on the 7:10am shuttle.

The lobby was so dirty, dingy, smelly, I had a terrible feeling. Fortunately, the room was a little cleaner than the lobby, but I still slept with my clothes on. At least the wake-up call worked.

I would not stay here again, and recommend that you avoid it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 6, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stobermex
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 4/2/13. The small "lobby" was uninviting with outdated furniture. We were attended to by a rude clerk who needed to be reminded of common courtesy by my husband. In the first room we were assigned there was an annoying overhead machine noise. After complaining we were assigned to a room with two beds, one of which had soiled looking sheets. Also in that room the TV did not work, the phone looked like it had mold growing on it, and the curtain pull rods were black with grime. In the bathroom the floor tiles were chipped, the sink was discolored and towels were worn. The hotel needs complete refurbishing or to have the Ramada name removed as it is a disgrace to the brand. This establishment was a complete disappointment since the Ramada brand previously evoked a clean, safe and comfortable hotel facility.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Ramada San Bruno SFO Airport? Share your experiences!