“Just What We Needed”

Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Because we had an early flight out of San Fran, we decided to stay at an airport hotel and chose this because it's close to return rental car lot adjacent to airport. The hotel while not exactly bare bones could not be considered luxurious by any standard. Still, it met all our needs easily. The beds, in particular, are very comfortable with a choice of two kinds of pillows (something I haven't seen before). They also offer a varied hot breakfast and the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. For the price, you can't do better and we'll be back.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room toward the back away from the highway. Proximity to airport makes it a b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DMilo46

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked one night at this hotel because of its' proximity to SFO. I was pleasantly surprised that the place was so nice for the price. The room I was given was quiet and appeared to have been recently updated. The staff, both when I checked in and when I checked out, were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was eggs, sausage, choice of breads (bagels, muffins etc) and yogurt). I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who needs something close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lovestotravel007
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had an abrupt change of plans when in San Francisco and needed a hotel close to the airport and went to this hotel. It was a nice and modern facility, room quality was good with featherbeds, table, desk and all the amenities. Staff was friendly and parking was free. It was 5 minutes to the rental call return at the airport and we only paid $70 for the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived late, and extremely tired. The shuttle did not belong to the hotel, and stopped at several other hotels before reaching the Comfort Inn. The desk clerk was pleasant, but hard to understand. We were told there were no Senior / AARP discount available, and had to take a suite at a much higher price. The room was clean and nice, but much too large for 2 people.

The location of the Inn was marginal and in a residential neighborhood without restaurants or shopping.

We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasCruiser001
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My main complant was the way they scamed me for $250. They say that non-smoking rooms available. Which implies they have smoking rooms. They don't. To smoke you must go outside to the sidewalk in a very unsafe area of town. Which I did. The next day I was charged for smoking in my room even tough the only thing they said was they smelled smoke in my room. Maybe from my cloths but thats all. I told them that I went outside to smoke. Told them to ask their night clerk since I talked to him every time I went out to smoke. They wouldn't. I asked them to look at their security camera that it would show me going outside to smoke. They wouldn't. I asked the clerk to call the manager, He wouldn't. I asked for a receipt for this charge they wouldn't give me one. Since they already have your credit card there is not much you can do about the charge except let other know that the management is running a scam and it costs the visitor $250.

Room Tip: Choose a differant hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jlmorrow53
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped here for the night because it was close to the airport and offered a shuttle. . When we looked out the window we realized where we were. We bolted our door. The neighborhood simply isn't a safe one. .m The shuttle wasn't on time , the food was cold and the people behind the desk were of the attitude of "oh Well". Seriously the shuttle was so late in picking us up we could of easily missed our flights. We had signed up for the shuttle the night before but they apparently do not care a lot. The rooms were ok but just ok., Nothing special about this place except bad service.

Room Tip: My only tip would be Lock your doors
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Citydude47
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is an excellent airport hotel. It is very close to San Francisco International and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. The shuttle service was excellent. I asked for a room not fronting San Bruno Ave and they accommodated me. There was one or two flights that were noisy, but not all night long as stated by another reviewer. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing on San Bruno Ave to save yourself some noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST? Share your experiences!