“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Olympia, Washington
“Great Stay”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I can't start to explain how good my stay was here. I travel for buisness and fun alike and i have seen for the dollar no comparison. The staff was helpful, rooms clean and odor of warm first impression. Location had everything for me from Train, Plane and Automobile which gave me and my wife ample things to do rain or shine. The icing on the cake was the win over Stanford by Oregon. - Kodos for a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side gives great daylight
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Massive room and bed, room spotless and comfortable. Easy to find in San Bruno, plenty of parking. Great location, highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Vermont
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I did a huge amount of research before selecting this location with several key parameters. First, I wanted a place which had a free airport shuttle. Secondly, I wanted a motel within walking distance of the non-airport BART station for SF sightseeing. Thirdly, I wanted to eat at an IHOP because I have been a fan of their famous dollar-sized pancakes since the 1970s. And finally, I wanted free WiFi. Everything worked out perfectly except for the airport shuttle piece of the puzzle due to a communications snafu. I had been told prior to the trip that one had to call the hotel desk in order for the shuttle to come around for an airport pickup during the evening hours. The correct information was that the Super 8 shuttle was not "just" a Super 8 "point to point" shuttle but also stopped at other motel locations on its route and made the airport stop around once every 30 to 60 minutes in the hotel shuttle location on the upper "departure" deck at SFO. If I had been in possession of this knowledge, I would have been at the hotel within one hour after landing. But because I had incorrect information, it took two hours before I was in bed. Since East Coast time is three hours ahead of SFO time, that situation initially put me in a rather disagreeable mood. As for the accommodations, they were fine. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and because it was near midnight Pacific Time, the motel was quiet. I also read in another Trip Advisor review that the mattresses are encased for your protection at this motel which made me happy. The next morning, we bypassed the standard free "continental" breakfast and only had to walk about one block to the IHOP which was visible across the street and the breakfast was spectacular, complete with the entire pot of coffee per person. Then, it was back to the motel to use the in room WiFi (which worked just fine) before the 11AM checkout. Free storage of our bags was permitted before our BART trip from the San Bruno station into The City. The walk was about 25 minutes but since it was a beautiful day, it was not a problem. There was even a convenience store enroute to pick up a soft drink. The fare from the San Bruno station is much lower than the fare from the SFO station because you're not paying the surcharge for the construction of the airport facility. It was only a 25 minute ride to Powell & Market. When we returned near 5PM, the shuttle was just pulling up to take us back to the airport to make our next airline connection. That made up for the snafu of the previous evening. The motel staff were polite and courteous. All was well and the price was right!

2 Thank David200111
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We were going to stay in San Francisco but there were not a lot of options for a family of 5, and where there were options I wasn't so keen on the locations. As such we went back out of San Fran and into San Bruno. Reviews of this hotel had not convinced us it would be great so we asked to view a room and this was agreed to without hesitation.

We were thrilled to find a good size room that was clean and fresh. Despite being on a busy road and near the aiport, we had no problems with noise. There was plenty of parking and the hotel is located near a range of good eating places, from Wendys to more classy restaurants. The laundry (which we needed after a week's travel) was basic but well priced, and any requests (such as for extra towels) were fulfilled immediately.

Our stay was 4 nights, and it was a fantastic base for our San Francisco visit - it's only about 20 mins drive to Fishermans Wharf and only 10 mins to Candlestick Park where we saw the mighty 49ers play a great game.

The only minor downside was that the breakfast area was very small, but you could grab a tray and take it back to your room. They also restocked regularly so you were not short of anything to eat. The room had a microwave oven and a fridge.

As always there was some noise from other rooms and the hallway sometimes, but that's gonna happen in a Hotel so you just have to get on with it. Certainly couldn't blame the hotel for that. There is also a gun shop a couple of doors away that my kids found fascinating as that is something you don't see in Australia (did not make it any less safe though)

We really recommend this place for a good value stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the highway but it was quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I booked an overnight stay here after a long flight from Japan because we had been unable to book a flight back home until the next morning. We chose the Super 8 as the lowest-priced SFO airport hotel that had gotten decent reviews - our room cost $79. We arrived at the hotel around 11:30 a.m., and because their check-in time is 2:00 p.m., our room wasn't ready. The very gracious young woman at the desk took our bags to a locked storage room and suggested that we check back between 12:30 and 1:00. We went to the Mexican restaurant next door, Don Pico's, where we had an excellent lunch. (As a professional cook, I'm very picky about restaurant food, and this was exceptionally well prepared, as well as being very reasonably priced and generously portioned.) We returned to the Super 8 around 12:45 and our room was ready, thanks to the reception desk having fast-tracked the cleaning. We were able to take a good nap for about 4 1/2 hours, since the room was well insulated from outside noise. We walked back to Don Pico's for a light dinner at the bar, and greatly enjoyed chatting with Jason, the genial bartender. We slept soundly in the comfortable bed, and had a good complimentary breakfast before the free shuttle picked us up for our morning flight. Our only complaint is that we couldn't figure out the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and wound up taking a cab. But the graciousness of the staff, the comfort of the room, and having such a wonderful restaurant next door made this an overall great experience.

1 Thank Amelia H
Nova Scotia
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight out of San Fran, which is exactly what this hotel is for! It's an older hotel, but not too bad -- pretty basic. I thought I'd paid enough for it, but a lot of the other airport hotels were more. I would recommend this hotel, it was certainly clean enough, and a very convienient location to the airport.There was a breakfast included but we left too early to par take. Business centre in the lobby was great to print out our boarding passes. Lots of resturants close by.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We only reached the hotel around 9pm and checked out at 4am to catch the hotel shuttle to airport and we had a good night's sleep. A very short distance to the airport.

My friends who stayed there for 2 nights loved the room as the TV had more channels, there is microwave/oven, fridge, etc.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West? Share your experiences!