“Excellent airport hotel”

Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here on an overnight layover after an international flight based on the Trip Advisor reviews I read, and it didn't disappoint. (Note: I'm a reformed hotel snob, and it wasn't easy for me to make a reservation at a Super 8. :-)

Pros: Friendly people at the front desk, nicely appointed room (with fridge, microwave, satellite TV, coffee and decent amenities), comfy bed, nice shower, free Wi-Fi, and free shuttle to and from the airport (or the San Bruno BART station for easy access to San Francisco). An incredible deal for the price, even better with a AAA discount.

Cons: The only real hitch was regarding the free breakfast; I wasn't told about it when I checked in, but I remembered that it was mentioned online. So I went down at 9:30 a.m., but found that it had ended at 9. Oh well. All in all, a positive experience.

Tip: Allow plenty of time to get to the airport. Although this hotel is less than 10 minutes from SFO, it took about 25 minutes, as the shuttle driver picked up several people at three other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank krisbeee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms, adequate parking, decent breakfast (better than your average super 8 breakfast). Close to the airport.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at the Super 8 in San Bruno for two nights in July and would not hesitate to stay there again. It is a very good value for the price. Although not a brand new motel, it was very clean, and the bedding was new. Our room was on the second floor, and was very quiet. It was a nice large room with an excellent king bed. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. We arrived early, and they placed our luggage in a locked room so we were able to take their shuttle back to the airport to catch the Bart to the waterfront. If you are a senior citizen, be sure to ask at the airport Bart information desk about discounted tickets. We were also able to use their computer to print off our airline boarding passes. On the downside, we do not recommend ordering a pizza from “Ray’s Pizza”. (Brochure was in the room.) We did, they said 45 minutes, and when it finally arrived more than two hours later as we were getting ready to go to bed (hungry), we found it was stone cold. This was hard to understand since they are less than half a mile from the motel! We refused to take it – should have read the Yelp reviews on them before ordering.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Appreciated the shuttle from airport to motel. Staff was very friendly. Motel was very clean, stylish and nice. My husband commented that it was nicer than her expected it to be. I agreed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here on 3 different occasions during our vacation. 2 times for 1 night and 1 time for 6 nights. Excellent hotel. The only down side is that the breakfast room is too small and that breakfast is only til 0900.

I would absolutly choose this hotel again with no hesitation

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I had booked two rooms for five of us from your web site. From that first simple reservation I had a feeling I had done the right thing. The experince of booking into the hotel and getting directions to go to the Wharf, the staff were excellent and courteous. I would definitely stay here next time I visit SFO and I would happily recommend to everyone.
Breakfast was adequate. I can understand why. I saw couples and one gentlemen with a back pack stuffing food to take out.
We stayed in Los Gatos Lodge for three nights and I would prefer to call it Los Ghettos Lodge. For the money I paid the room it is no comparison to Super 8 San Bruno.

Room Tip: It is a simple three floor hotel with excellent accommodation. Best value for family.