“Gracious and fantastic, as per their tradition”

Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Gracious and fantastic, as per their tradition”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Just wanted to give my compliments again to the classiness of Staybridge Suites, San Bruno and their outstanding manager Lisa Delorean. On May 20, I had occasion to stay there for 4 days and was so impressed that I wrote a review awarding "5 stars" for an extremely comfortable and extremely well-run establishment.

This time five months later, I had made a tentative reservation for a Saturday night at the end of my university class reunion. Unfortunately, Inasmuch as the reunion activities kept us on campus, I found that I was not able to come over on the Saturday night as planned. However, when I realized the required change of plans, I noted I already was within the 24-hour advance cancellation requirement.

I immediately called Staybridge Suites, and was informed told that it was all right and they would not be assessing any penalty for the late cancellation!

Let me say it again, Staybridge Suites San Bruno (SF Airport) is a winner!! A terrific place for the traveler.

(One caution for motorists on their way to the motel: when you leave SF Airport on 101 and then take Hwy 380 going west, you will have to very quickly get in the right lane for the El Camino Real (North) turnoff, and should be careful of the cars merging from your right.)

Robert L.S. Nip

Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2010

The room was large, but wasnt too fancy. The wireless connection in our room wasnt working, and the staff couldnt help us out with it. Breakfast was included - not bad.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I am remiss in writing this. I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for over 2 weeks from end of August through mid-September, half business and half personal. It was perfect for my needs in every way and Lisa, the GM, runs an amazing operation. Her staff know the guests and are constantly trying to help (but not in an intrusive manner). The hotel's location is just fine - very nearby SFO (I had business in Foster City so was back and forth often - easy commute) and there is a great jogging trail behind the hotel (Centenial Way (?) I think it's called). Although I had a rental car, I found it easy and plesant to walk across the street to the strip mall where there is a massive grocery store, Starbucks, nail salons, Best Buy, you name it. And across the road is Tanforan Shops where there is a Target, Barnes and Nobles, etc. All in all, a marvelous stay and again 'Thanks Lisa' for running a superb operation!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We were in town for a family function and needed a place to accommodate my family (two adults and a teenager) and my sister and two of her young children. This hotel was perfect. We had a two bedroom suite with kitchenette and living room area.

The rooms were clean and spacious. They have a beautiful outdoor pool which we were unable to take advantage of because it was too cold out, but the boys (ages 4, 10, & 15) did use the mini basketball court one night when we returned to the hotel. They have a basketball at the reception desk.

They have a good breakfast with all the standard breakfast fare - fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles, two hot dishes that changed daily, donuts, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, juice, soda, etc.

This hotel also has a laundry room that is open 24 hrs a day. There is no charge to use the washers and dryers. You just have to purchase the laundry detergent. My sister and I did laundry two nights in a row, at midnight and felt very safe. You have to use your key to get into the main building and to get into the laundry room after hours. They also have security on duty that is very visible which is a comfort late at night. We spoke to the head of security one night and he said he is all over the hotel. We also saw him the next night making rounds.

Our last night there we had rowdy next door neighbors come in at 3 AM. My sister actually opened the door and told them to shut up. She wanted to call the front desk but found our phone was out of order. When we checked out I told them about the run in with the neighbors and the phone being out. I also told them that the water in one bathroom sink was very slow to go down (took about 15 min). They apologized and took $40 off our bill for the inconvience.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area. My sister is thinking about going back to San Francisco with the rest of her family and wants to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Really clean rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast choices are good. They have best coffee ever! And I love their waffle maker! Definitely worth it!

• Stayed September 2010
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We've vacationed in the Bay Area several times. This was our second time at this hotel. Location is great - near Bart, near airport, near highways. Walk to shopping center and restaurants. Near Pacifica beach (a free beach - no fee to park like state beaches.) Great free breakfast. Evening free snacks - OK but not bad.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed here a little over a week.
No problems.
The grounds are very well kept.
You could tell a lot of the "residents" were long term. Everyone was very nice and polite.
I am a single woman and I felt safe.
Full size kitchen with everything you need.
Just down the street from a huge mall.

The only thing I'd complain about is the mattress...very old and lumpy.

Would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Courtyard San Francisco Airport
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!