I was a bit apprehensive about this place given some of the reviews, but we had a very positive experience here. We stayed 2 nights at the beginning of our trip to get over jet lag and one more night at the end of our trip before flying out, each time sharing a 2 bedroom suite with my mother.
The complimentary shuttle arrived at the airport promptly, and the manager accepted us for an early check-in as soon as the suite was ready to occupy (11 a.m.), which was fantastic after our overseas flight. The desk clerks were all friendly and knowledgeable, sending us off to a great local diner for breakfast when we missed the complimentary buffet (they gave us a ride to the diner and came to pick us up). The suite was clean and well-appointed. Lots of towels and pillows, complimentary tea and coffee, TVs in all of the rooms, no problem with noise (yes, the occasional airplane went by overhead but HEY, it's an airport hotel...). We enjoyed the pool and whirlpool and even shot a few hoops on the basketball court.
The complimentary evening meal (pasta one night) was nothing to write home about, but the breakfast was adequate. We ate there each morning and were all well fed with fruit, various kinds of bread and pastry, hot oatmeal, even do-it-yourself waffles if you were so inclined.
There were some long-term guests, some were tradesmen I gathered, and looked a little rough around the edges, but they didn't bother us, were not noisy and kept to themselves.
If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the area wasn't GREAT ... a little rundown and I certainly wouldn't go out alone at night.
However, we would definitely recommend this hotel to other airport travelers and would stay here again should we find ourselves in need of a place to stay close to SFO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport hotel is an all-suite property and the perfect place for your next stay or extended stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite has a full kitchen, a separate living room and large desk with free high-speed Internet. Complimentary breakfast buffet is provided to all our guests as well as a complimentary evening guest reception: Sundowner, which is served Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Apart from the standard Staybridge amenities we also offer an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi and sport court.We are a pet friendly hotel, ideal for corporate relocations and conveniently located in the birthplace of biotechnology, only 3 miles from San Francisco airport. We are within reach of the AT & T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, Chinatown, and BART. We re also within a 20 mile radius of great attractions such as Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman s Wharf, and Union Square. Some of our guests choose to stay with us although they might visit nearby universities such as UC Berkley, Stanford University and San Francisco State University.Many of our regular guests visit us due to our close location to shopping and companies such as Genentech, Gap, Toshiba and Kaiser Permanente. Whatever the reason for your travel is, we would love for you to join our Priority Club & stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel San Bruno
- San Bruno Staybridge Suites