“Average for the price”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Northern California
“Average for the price”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Stayed here as a solo traveler in a one bedroom suite. I was located along the back of the building, so it was quiet. There was nothing special about the room, and it was very used and a bit outdated. I think it is time to remodel the place. Total price for me with tax and everything was about $150, so not terribly expensive but not super cheap either.

The breakfast room was nicely kept and clean. The food was your average selection and looked to be in good shape, maybe a little better than most places. The front desk was cheery when I checked in and I had no other problems.

I would stay here again but not for a higher price than I paid. If you are looking for a place to eat, I recommend BJs Brewery which is just around the corner. Had some good beer and good food too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Northridge, California
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This hotel was a perfect fit for our travel needs. The Layout and location of the hotel was Ideal; Close to the airport,Bart station,shopping center and all major fwys and quick access to rooms from parking lot. I traveled with a group of 5 and the two bedroom suite was more than enough room. We had free breakfast every morning and we even had a free happy hour called a sundowner(mon-thurs) unlimited beer from the tap and all u can eat pizza(that night. it changes nightly)! The Staff was very accommodating and professional. My only negative comment about this hotel would be the parking. It fills up fast and if you arrive back to the hotel past 10pm it's pretty much full. I have used this hotel twice, once for business and once for a weekend getaway and both times i received great service and a full parking lot. Goes to show that this hotel is very popular. I will be staying at this hotel for a third time this summer. I recommend this hotel for Large groups and extended stays.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank RJAYR
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Ok, but not as good as some other Staybridges I've been at.

Firstly, it's over the flightpath and very noisy - obvious given it's an airport hotel, but still bear it in mind. Breakfast is the usual plastic-y stuff you find in American motels: free, but not great quality. The breakfast room was typically crowded and fairly dirty. Also, the whole hotel just feels a bit tatty and worn out. Staybridges are never sophisticated, but this one feels like it could do with an overhaul.

Still, service was friendly and reasonably efficient. Nothing dreadful, but could do with a bit of a spruce-up generally.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Philippines
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I have always stayed in airport hotels when I am in San Francisco. Most of the time I stay in Milbrae. When its a family vacation, its a no brainer where I choose to stay...Staybridge San Bruno! The rooms are big, the breakfast is superb, the location is fantastic ( near the Mall and Bart as well as 2 groceries and a Pharmacy), and the staff are polite and helpful. I also have to mention that they have free laundry facilities, a gym, a pool, a basketball court and 2 free computers. You save a lot on food not only because of the kitchen but they have afternoon delights every Tuesdays to Thursdays and the food they serve can be filling that sometimes we don't take supper anymore. The kids simply love staying here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I love giving 4 day trainings at this hotel. As the trainer, I get a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, then i go across the street to the grocery store to stock up on goodies for the weekend (would much rather cook up something there than go to restaurants alone on a Friday/Saturday night after teaching all day). The hotel's conference room is on the ground floor, right next to lobby area with a full breakfast served to the guests. The staff, from the manager Lisa as well as the desk personnel and housekeeping are all very helpful, prompt and friendly. About 2 years ago, one of my participants (and a guest at the hotel)in the training I was giving, had gotten a flat tire in the pouring rain. When she called the front desk to request information on where to get some help, they went the extra mile (literally and figuratively) and helped her themselves. It is that kindness and courtesy which is why I return there every 6 months. Thank you Staybridge Suites! Debi Frankle

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
indonesia
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed for one night at the Staybridge Suites.
The hotel staff was very kind when we requested ground floor room as we had big suitcases. Breakfast provided for free but we did not have time to try as we went out to explore the city v early morning. Parking was free (one of the reason why we chose this hotel). A small kitchenette with complete cooking utensil was also provided. Highly recommended for family with babies / kids. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites one night on December 30, 2009. It was a stop on our way to northern California. We were a family with my mother in her late 70's and my 2 teenagers. It was great ! The location is great! It was close to lots of restaurants and shopping and one block from the Bart station. There evening reception and the breakfast
was great. This is the place to stay if you are looking for an extremely economical,well located spot. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Courtyard San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!