Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West(San Bruno)(Great Value!)
$109
$140
$125
Ritz Inn(San Bruno)
$129
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenbasketball courtbart stationno elevatorsocial hoursan franciscothe free breakfast buffetwashers and dryersthe sofa bedtanforan mallwalk in closetlaundry facilitiesgolden gate parkbusiness centerreception areafirst floor
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We were given a free upgrade to a two room suite. It was very clean. The only complaint is that when they upgraded us, they forgot that we wanted a non-smoke room. I don't know why the air smelt of smoke, but the bed linen didn't and I didn't leave with smoke-smelling clothes. Also, we were only staying a night and they put us on the third floor. It was a bit inconvenient.

However, despite all this, I have to recommend this hotel. The staff are polite and helpful and the location can't be beat. You have the BART nearby and you are not dependent on shuttles to get you to the BART. Also, the ticket to town from SFO BART is about twice more expensive than from the San Bruno station, although it is only one stop nearer town.

If you have a few hours before/after your next/previous flight, this is the perfect location for you to get into town and return close by to the airport.

The BART station is also close by to a small shopping mall, cinemas and other stores. So even if you don't get into town, there are things to do near the hotel.

Another user recommended me this hotel. He was not wrong. And now, I'm recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We are staybridge fans, and usually stay at a staybridge and are never disappointed. Our stay in San Francisico was very disappointing. We were travelling with our 2 young children of 2 and 4 yrs old and arrived late after a long road trip. The kids were cranky and tired, and we wanted to put them to bed asap. The security officer who checked us in was very helpful and helped with the luggage. Downside is that hotel doesn't have an elevator. We also realized too late that what is sold as a one bedroom suite is actually a studio, because they forgot to put a door between the bedroom and living room area. Very annoying if you want to put your kids to bed, and stay up and watch tv. Also we had to ask twice for maid service that weekend, and the room was muggy because the airco didn't function correctly. I would recomend a studio downtown somewhere, because this place doesn't deliver what it promises

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank aaa77
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We spend 5 days in their spacious suites, 2 full bedrooms and a living room/kitchen. Plenty of room for us and our 3 children. It was a 5 minute walk to the local BART (rapid transit), 20 minute ride to central San Francisco. (Get a discounted pass from Lucky's grocery store for the kids--1/3rd the price!) The breakfasts were very good, with great variety from eggs to waffles to fruit, yoghurt, plus the usual toast, bagels, etc. etc. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate available all day in the lobby, plus supplies in the rooms. 3 TVs in our suite!

The staff was always smiling & helpful. The pool was warm and a good size. The hot tub was hot. It was only 65 degrees out but the kids were fine in the warm pool. We were surprised by what was called a light reception on Tues, Wed and Thurs night. It sufficed as a meal for us. Within a 5 minute easy walk was a mall (including Target), grocery stores, a Chucky Cheese and movie theatres. We gave up our rental car after 1 day--didn't need it. The kitchens are great, with full refrigerators, stove, etc. With young kids, we can't be on the go day and night, and this hotel offered us the space and the amenities we needed to have some down time. Free laundry, free internet in rooms plus a business room with 2 computers. We couldn't be more pleased.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We got this room through Priceline at a ridiculously low rate. I was expecting something shabby, but what we got was something terrific. The individual rooms offer a separate bedroom, with two TV's, wireless internet access, and nicely equipped kitchen and a relaxing living room. I am confident that we could have lived in this lovely room for a month or more.

The complimentary hot breakfast available each morning was particularly welcome. The food was attractively displayed, tasty and the breakfast room itself was charming. We especially enjoyed making our own waffles. We even took advantage of the light supper provided on our first night in town when we were too tired to think.

This hotel is in an excellent location. There is a huge mall no more than a block away and mass transit access into the city. We elected to drive into San Francisco and it was a trip of less than 10 minutes on roads that were not heavily congested.

The hotel is located very near SFO, and occasionally the noise of a plane landing caused us to pause in our conversation and wait for it to pass, but the price you pay for airport convenience is airport noise, and we did not mind.

This was an excellent hotel, and we really hated to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Busy-retired
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This was my second hotel reservation during my spontaneous trip to San Francisco.
After coming and commuting from an airport hotel. Did not mind staying at another airport hotel again.

However this hotel exceded more than the previous one!
By having bigger rooms with kitchen, dining and living area (All the rooms are Suites!)
Excellent location:
Walking distance to a shopping mall with a theather/cinema
Walking distance to different dining options (Chuck E cheezes, Red Lobster, Red Robin etc)
Walking distance to a BART station (that takes you to down town) and was cheaper than when taking the BART from the airport
FREE breakfast
FREE (wifi) internet & local calls
FREE do it yourself Laundry
FREE shuttle service (on request there is a courtesy phone outside at the pick up/waiting area)
Bigger pool (outdoor)
Bigger fitness facilty.

I wished I had stayed longer or at the beginning of my trip at this hotel.
The staff who checked me in was jolly and professional.
She made me feel like an honor guest eventhough this was my first time with them and was staying at a very low rate!

The hotel is an all stairs property so if you have problem taking the stairs please let the hotel know (in advance) so they can accomendate you on the ground floor.

Like I said the rooms were big and spacious the bathroom was a little on the small side. But how much space do you need when showering?
The free breakfast was great with different hot & cold and heatly choices. (scrambled eggs, sausages, cereals & oatmeal)
You can fill up and start your day. What was also a nice thought by the hotel is that there were trays so you can take your breakfast to you room.

The wifi connection was fast and good. I did not have any problems with it.
The hotel also have an evening activity where you can get some snack and drinks and socialise with other guests. I really liked the idea! Too bad I couldn’t attend during my stay since I had already plans to go to Alcatraz ( the evening tour) that night.

By having a shopping mall in walking distance with a Target I could stock up my snack supplies and also did some shopping for my partner and friends.
Really handy when you can just go back to the hotel drop off the bags and hit the mall again.
Also the walking distance to different dining option was a big plus since don’t have to go fare to get some decent food. (Mostly american chain restaurants like Red Robin, Red Lobster etc)

By also being close to a BART station it made the journey shorter than from my previous hotel since you didn’t have to take the shuttel to or from the airport. Also it was cheaper than taking it from the airport. So you would save a few dollars on your BART Ticket.

By having so many good things I would defenitely recommend you to stay here for a shor or longer vacation. If of cousre you don’t mind taking the journey with the BART.
You can´t go wrong with this hotel!

Thank you for a great experience and I will stay here for sure when coming back to the wonderful city San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo