“Comfortable, clean and really a nice place”

Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We really liked this hotel and the staff and found it a great option for a visit to SF or if you need a close-to-airport hotel. I can't fault anything about this hotel. The hot tub was very nice and clean (though small). The pool was heated, but it didn't feel warm enough for my taste, but if we we had had more time, my daughter would have loved to go for a swim. The people at the front desk were super friendly and seemed extra accommodating. A very warm and professional woman checked us in. Our room one-bedroom suite was attractive and large (nicely decorated/remodeled). The decor had a very soothing feel to it. The kitchen would have been very useful if we were staying longer. The king bed was super comfortable, and I slept very well due to it's comfort and the room darkening (blackening) window covering keeping all the light out. It was also very quiet (on a Sunday night), which helped us feel cozy and have a good night's sleep. There is a breakfast in the morning, but because we left on 5 AM shuttle, we missed the breakfast time, BUT we had requested a "to go" breakfast and it was ready for us. The nice thing was that at exactly 5 AM the shuttle driver came upstairs to help us take our bags down - he had our room number and came to help us (and make sure we were coming!). He was so friendly and didn't seemed annoyed in the slightest - a great way to start a 5 AM day! I also appreciated the business center as I was able to print our boarding passes the night before. I noticed that the BART is located about one block away. There is also a little mall across the street, but otherwise it's a bit away from other main attractions. But how convenient that there is the BART for quick easy transit into SF, plus there is a parking lot if you have a car and want to get around the area or drive up to the city. If we travel to SF again, I would like to stay here again, even if I'm doing sight-seeing in the city. It was a very comfortable place to stay and get some great sleep (so important when traveling!). Kudos to the excellent staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The rooms very really nice and location is great! Easy drive to the city and also next to the BART station. We got upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite and was surprised with the rooms as they must have been recently renovated as everything was new and clean. The charging station on the bedside table was really useful! Wished all hotels have it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Pleasant surprise! We rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. We had plenty of room for the six of us. Everything was clean, everyone nice. Kitchen nicely appointed, open concept to the living area. Only one complaint - squeaky box springs! In both rooms :) Hey, I guess we needed something to complain about! And that's about it. Yes, close to the airport, but I'm used to planes living in Everett near Boeing. No biggy. We also enjoyed complimentary breakfast every morning, and dinner was served three days of the week.

Room Tip: You will enjoy the heated pool, free washer and dryers and exercise room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nicely renovated, everybody was friendly and helpful, everything was clean.
You have to keep in mind that it's an "airport" hotel so expect some degree of plane noise. With that in mind I'd have to say this place was a pleasure to stay at:
- As mentioned, the rooms were updated recently, clean and comfortable
- the pool was lovely and warm, the kids loved it
- the staff were all friendly and helpful
- breakfast gave you all the basics but did it well (hot meat like bacon or sausage or ham, eggs, pancakes, etc. and so on)
- grounds were tidy and well kept.
- I didn't experience it but I heard how much fun the nightly receptions are (Tues thru Thurs).
All in all, this place was great, me and our extended family (19 of us) stayed here for a reunion and have nothing but good things to say about it.

As an airport "suites" hotel, it doesn't get much better.

Kudos to staff and management. Great Job!

Room Tip: The Grand Palace restaurant a few miles away on Grand Ave was great. It's near a grocery store...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was on a whistle stop visit to San Francisco on business. It was very short notice and the downtown hotels just priced them selves out of the market. The Staybridge was just 10 minutes from SFO, which, after a 6 hour flight, was a blessing. Check-in was welcoming, convenient and efficient. The room(s) were clean, comfortable and had a kitchen, full sized fridge, microwave and stove top. Much more than I needed for a 2 night stay, but I took advantage and visited the local store which was literally across the street, as were numerous dining establishments.

The Staybridge offered free breakfast which was basic, but fine and also a mini happy hour serving tap beer, wine and soft drinks.

My flight out was at 6:00 am, so once again the location in relation to the Airport was perfect.

I have no negatives about my stay. If you want a reasonably priced suite, close to the airport and 20 minutes from down town (a $40 cab ride - although BART was also only a 3 minute walk), then this establishment is as advertised.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2014

So I have written a previous review about this hotel and if you read it, I wasn't too happy. In certain things, I will give it a second chance. Its been three years and I decided to give this hotel another chance. Especially with the thought that they have updated their rooms. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were updated with modern design for both bedrooms and the kitchenette. It was also clean and well maintained. I didn't have any problems with staff so of course that was a plus. There was also the complimentary breakfast which we all appreciate. We all slept well and I would definitely go back since I had such a better experience than the last time. On a side note, it is conveniently located by a Tanforan mall, a shopping plaza with restaurants, the freeway, and maybe too close to the airport for some people. Yes, you will hear airplanes flying by.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My whole family stayed at this property for a long weekend. After 9 hours of driving we were greeted by the night auditor and had everything prepared for us. The room was amazing and very cozy. The next day we had an awesome breakfast. Then we realized that my daughter misplaced her IPAD. The nice lady (Filipina) at the front desk immediately contacted her staff to help us out. And yes we found what we were looking for.I give this hotel 5 stars for safety, great value for money, and fantastic customer service. I will definitely come back. They should be number one at Tripadvisor!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Courtyard San Francisco Airport
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST

Been to Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!