I was checking for hotels convenient to UCSF hospital for my husband to stay while I was having hip replacement surgery. We decided not to stay in San Francisco due to the difficulty and high cost of parking at most San Franciso hotels. Also, because my husband would be staying 4 nights, we wanted a kitchen and larger, more spacious room than a hotel room.
The hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation, and general manager Lisa deLorean was exceptionally helpful and personally made sure that we got a room away from construction noise, on the first floor as I was staying there the night before surgery (there are no elevators, and I couldn't do stairs). When we arrived, Lisa came out of her office to welcome us and make sure that the room was everything we needed. All the staff was cheerful, friendly and welcoming, and took care of our every request.
Our room, actually a spacious one bedroom suite with a large, fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable living room area, handicap-accessible bathroom and huge walk-in closet, was so much nicer and more comfortable than an ordinary hotel room or suite. Free internet access was the icing on the cake. Even though the room was not yet renovated, the bed and furniture were in good shape and comfortable. It was everything we required and more...we can only imagine that it will be even more wonderful once all the rooms are renovated.
On-site parking was a bit tight because of construction vehicles, but the handicapped parking close to our room was always available.
The night we arrived, there was an evening reception including barbecued burgers, salad, and chips, that was filling enough that we didn't need to go out to a restaurant for dinner. Breakfast was equally satisfying. Evening receptions are available most nights, and breakfast is served every day.
The hotel is close to Tanforan shopping center, a Lucky grocery store, and plenty of restaurants, so my husband was able to fend for himself while I was in the hospital.
Easy access to 101 and 280 made for fast trips into and out of San Francisco to the hospital.
Planes came and went directly above the hotel, but we weren't bothered by them. They weren't all that noisy, and didn't fly during night-time hours.
We are looking forward to staying in the newly remodeled rooms for my upcoming post-surgery follow-up visits. I'll give it 5 stars once remodeled! This time, I hope to recovered enough from surgery be able to enjoy the inviting pool in the beautifully landscaped courtyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport hotel is an all-suite property and the perfect place for your next stay or extended stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite has a full kitchen, a separate living room and large desk with free high-speed Internet. Complimentary breakfast buffet is provided to all our guests as well as a complimentary evening guest reception: Sundowner, which is served Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Apart from the standard Staybridge amenities we also offer an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi and sport court.We are a pet friendly hotel, ideal for corporate relocations and conveniently located in the birthplace of biotechnology, only 3 miles from San Francisco airport. We are within reach of the AT & T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, Chinatown, and BART. We re also within a 20 mile radius of great attractions such as Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman s Wharf, and Union Square. Some of our guests choose to stay with us although they might visit nearby universities such as UC Berkley, Stanford University and San Francisco State University.Many of our regular guests visit us due to our close location to shopping and companies such as Genentech, Gap, Toshiba and Kaiser Permanente. Whatever the reason for your travel is, we would love for you to join our Priority Club & stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel San Bruno
- San Bruno Staybridge Suites