“Would stay there again”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Live Oak, Florida
“Would stay there again”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

How wrong some of the reviews were that I read before staying here. Friendly staff, room was clean, comfortable bed, etc. Can not find anything wrong to say about my stay there, We stayed in another hotel for a couple of days on business before coming to this one to relax a few days and even though the other hotel had a 3+ star rating it was no better than the Days Inn in San Bruno. If I need to return to San Francisco area for any reason this Days Inn is on the top of my list for a hotel to stay in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We arrived at the hotel to be told my credit card had been declined, even though I had prepaid through Lastminute.com. Although this was sorted out quite quickly, no apology was offered, and all the staff we dealt with were not helpful or friendly at all. Our room had not been finished, and the pillows were strewn over the beds with no pillow cases. This was sorted out quite quickly though. The room and bathroom were large and well presented. On the positive side, the hotel is well located with restaurants and shopping plazas close by and the parking is free. The drive into San Francisco is about 20 minutes - a good choice to avoid paying city centre prices and hefty parking charges. All in all, we would use this hotel again for a couple of nights.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 28, 2011

After staying in a 3-star Hotel in Oakland area, I found this to be a nicer experience. Rooms were bigger and the general atmosphere was much more relaxed. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I had just arrived from New Zealand, checked in and they gave me the card key. Went to my room, and it was full of old food and drinks, bed wasn't made or anything (this was about 3pm). All I wanted was some sleep, but I had to leave and go shopping while it was being cleaned.

Also the phone in the room didn't work, so when it came to ringing to order food it was impossible. Quite a distance from the train station, but not too fa away from a bus stop - but this doesn't run all that frequently nor particularly late at night.

Quiet place, so wasn't too bad. I would have appreciated a clean room on arrival however. Tv remote didn't work, but thats not a major.

Transfer from and to airport was efficient.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
california
Reviewed January 7, 2011

What a huge mistake!! The receptionist was unfriendly and unhelpful. The closes BART station is a mile away and the juice machine didn't even work! I left after one night because I knew I could get something better for the price and I did down the street. The only positive about this place is that it is located across the street from an awesome pizza parlor.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Centralia, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2010

If you like a room that smells fresh, carpet that look like they've seen a shampooer, paint/wallpaper without smudges, then you'll probably be happier if you steer clear of this hotel. Our first room had a very strong odor. The front desk clerk offered to "spray" it. Instead we asked for another room which had a more neutral odor but was equally dirty.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Daysinn12391, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for your experience at my hotel. I will take up your comments to our houekeeping manager and make sure your concerns are addressed. Again thank you for your comments.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We booked this hotel through Expedia to catch an early flight out of SFO. It had reasonable reviews and was cheap. We just needed a clean place to crash before a long flight.

The hotel (despite it's name) is NOT close to the airport -- lots of traffic lights between you and the airport. There are many other hotels that are of better quality and much closer, at similar prices.

As soon as we checked in we were bombarded with a horrible chemical smell. They overdo it with the cleaner in all of their rooms. We switched to another room but it was the same. We left for that reason, since we knew we wouldn't be able to sleep.

Other things: the window was busted and wouldn't lock. The woman at the counter was not at all polite or helpful. Since we had booked through Expedia, she said she couldn't help with a refund, and even when Expedia contacted them, they had trouble speaking to someone and verifying things. I wouldn't rely on their airport shuttle if you are at all interested in making your flight. The location is bad -- again, not near the airport or anything else. The parking lot doesn't give good access to the office (and you have to enter the hotel through the office.)

All those things might be forgivable, but really the chemical scent in the rooms is enough. They are uninhabitable.

On a good note, Expedia was very helpful and prompt in canceling my reservation and refunding my money. I would have reviewed this hotel on their site, but because of the cancellation, I technically did not stay at the hotel and thus can't review it.

Anyway, go somewhere else. We ended up at the Best Western -- a different price range, but well worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#3 of 13 in San Bruno
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!