“Terrible and yucky. There are tons of choices in this area and price range... avoid this one!”

Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed October 14, 2010

First of all, the room we received was NOTHING like the picture features on the expedia website. The hotel had a dank smell in it, and the room was not clean. There was hair on the shower wall. The linens and curtains were old. The light on my side of the bed had a broken swtich, and NO light bulb to speak of. Our room was on the main level, right beside the Days Inn sign brightly lit on the street. The walls were very thin. A very uncomfortable night, and bad way to start my trip to San Francisco. We stayed at the HoJo down the road for about the same price and a million times better facility for our last night in SF. Also, the parking is behind the building in a poorly lit lot, nowhere near the front doors.

There's no need to stay here. You have many choices for about the same price in the same area. I do NOT recommend this hotel. It is not up to standard. I have stayed at other Days Inns and this one isn't up to par.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We missed a flight from SFO to RDD, So we changed the flight time for the next morning. We waited at the airport an hour for the shuttle. Then once on the shuttle, it took 50 minutes to get to the hotel. We got to the room... tryed to sleep. Woke up the next morning to itchy arms and legs. Got out of bed to find bed bugs! OMG!!! The most nasty things ever!!!! Do Not Go to this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tracbutler
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn for 5 nights.
Upon arrival there was some difficulty in finding our reservation.

Be sure to bring your own papers with vouchers etc.

Staff is very friendly but it is hard to figure out what they are saying. English could be improved.

Room was clean, bed comfortable. You could smell that someone had been smoking in the room. There's a policy sign at reception that you could be fined if you are smoking in the room, and that they had to clean it. I don't think this was done in our room. As a non smoker you smell this.

I reported it but no action was undertaken.

Free parking, free internet (wifi also) in the lobby and free printing facilities for boarding passes.

Complimentary breakfast is minor but that depends on what your used to.
There is bread for toast, muffins. You can make waffels. There is butter, Jam, sirup, apples, bananas. Tea and coffee are complimentary the whole day long.

Buy some ham or cheese, put it in your own fridge and take this with you downstairs and you'll have a good breakfast.

The hotel is hard to find because of the numbers. Don't look at the numbers of the properties, now they go up and then they go down and all in the same direction!
As we found out one day even staff, wich had never been there before, had to be guided in by phone!

If on a low budget would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The hotel is very close to the airport which we wanted and it was a great location. The staff seemed not to be organized. When we checked in there was nobody at the front desk and we had to wait a little. The room was really roomy. The hotel is near shopping and the BART (SF train).

• Stayed: September 2010
Daysinn12391, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know how your stay was at the Days Inn in September. I apologize for the desk clerks not being at the desk, I will make sure to tell all the staffs about what had happened at our meeting we are having this week. Thank You for letting us know so we know what we have to do to make a pleasant stay at this property for future guests!

Thanks,
GM

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed in many, many places around the world, but this was the worst. The elevator was broken, the phone didn't work, the room smelled smoky. There was a plaque at check-in (something mandated by the state gov.) that said the hotel was full of cancer causing substances. The vibe was just so negative. We turned the TV on and got the feeling that someone had been recently viewing adult Pay per View in the room.

But all these things would have been acceptable if we had gotten a good night's sleep. However, at 2 am I was awakened by the sound of voices in some Southeast Asian language next door. About six or seven teenagers had checked in, and they made no attempt to be quiet. They kept yelling, laughing, and moving from room to room pretty much until dawn. I knocked on their door. I tried to call the desk, but the phone didn't work. So I had to get dressed and tramp downstairs. The clerk was friendly. She called the room and threatened them with the police, but the didn't stop. By this time, sleeping was out of the question for me. I just stood in the hall and glared at the kids as they passed by.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rbury

I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay at the Days Inn in San Bruno. I am glad that you are able to tell us how your stay was because it helps me communicate with my staff on what needs to be done. I am sorry that the the room was not at your standard, and that some of the amenities were not working, which now the phone has been replaced in the room and also the elevator is fixed.

You letting us know about your stay will help me as a general manager work with my staff to improve this property. I suggest next time you have noisy neighbors, ask the front desk to move you to another room, or area at the property so you can have a better night sleep and I know they gladly will do that!

Thanks,
GM of Days Inn San Bruno

Reviewed August 19, 2010

As airport hotels go this 'cheapie' ticks all the boxes. Close to San Francisco Airport, but located near shops and services. Free Wi-Fi (although the signal is patchy, depending on the room location), good continental breakfast options, friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms. The standard and comfort is consistent with the price, but location and free parking make it preferable to those located right 'on-airport'.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I suggest you check out the rooms on the third floor. Though we paid a lil extra $10 for an upgrade, it was well worth it. We even had a safe in our room! The room was very nice. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We decided to use their tour company. Picked us up at the hotel and dropped us back off at night. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!