Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The hotel is very close to the airport which we wanted and it was a great location. The staff seemed not to be organized. When we checked in there was nobody at the front desk and we had to wait a little. The room was really roomy. The hotel is near shopping and the BART (SF train).

• Stayed: September 2010
Daysinn12391, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Thank you for writing a review and letting us know how your stay was at the Days Inn in September. I apologize for the desk clerks not being at the desk, I will make sure to tell all the staffs about what had happened at our meeting we are having this week. Thank You for letting us know so we know what we have to do to make a pleasant stay at this property for future guests!

Thanks,
GM

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed in many, many places around the world, but this was the worst. The elevator was broken, the phone didn't work, the room smelled smoky. There was a plaque at check-in (something mandated by the state gov.) that said the hotel was full of cancer causing substances. The vibe was just so negative. We turned the TV on and got the feeling that someone had been recently viewing adult Pay per View in the room.

But all these things would have been acceptable if we had gotten a good night's sleep. However, at 2 am I was awakened by the sound of voices in some Southeast Asian language next door. About six or seven teenagers had checked in, and they made no attempt to be quiet. They kept yelling, laughing, and moving from room to room pretty much until dawn. I knocked on their door. I tried to call the desk, but the phone didn't work. So I had to get dressed and tramp downstairs. The clerk was friendly. She called the room and threatened them with the police, but the didn't stop. By this time, sleeping was out of the question for me. I just stood in the hall and glared at the kids as they passed by.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rbury

I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay at the Days Inn in San Bruno. I am glad that you are able to tell us how your stay was because it helps me communicate with my staff on what needs to be done. I am sorry that the the room was not at your standard, and that some of the amenities were not working, which now the phone has been replaced in the room and also the elevator is fixed.

You letting us know about your stay will help me as a general manager work with my staff to improve this property. I suggest next time you have noisy neighbors, ask the front desk to move you to another room, or area at the property so you can have a better night sleep and I know they gladly will do that!

Thanks,
GM of Days Inn San Bruno

Reviewed August 19, 2010

As airport hotels go this 'cheapie' ticks all the boxes. Close to San Francisco Airport, but located near shops and services. Free Wi-Fi (although the signal is patchy, depending on the room location), good continental breakfast options, friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms. The standard and comfort is consistent with the price, but location and free parking make it preferable to those located right 'on-airport'.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I suggest you check out the rooms on the third floor. Though we paid a lil extra $10 for an upgrade, it was well worth it. We even had a safe in our room! The room was very nice. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We decided to use their tour company. Picked us up at the hotel and dropped us back off at night. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Counter person had no pesonality at all. Stayed 5 nites. Room was clean which after reading the some of the reviews on room quality. I was shocked. Bring a air freshener or candle. Turn on the air conditioner to clear out the smell. Hotel had the middle eastern smell. Free parking and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Daysinn12391, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

I apologize for the unpleasant stay you had at this property. We are trying our best to meet our guest needs and thank you for letting us know how your stay was. We will take your review in consideration.

Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn

Reviewed July 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here during our trip to the bay area, and were very pleased with the ammenities, location, friendly staff and value for the dollar. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and personal trips.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The hotel was fine. By June 2010 the building was pretty new. Rooms were in good quality, common spaces as well.

The cleaning service is not what we can call "well-done". We notice dust and crumbs on the baseboards, showing a poor room service. The bed sheets weren't touched, only the bed-cover was smoothed along the sheets.

The location in fine, near the airport and 20 minutes from San Francisco downtown. They have a shuttle to the airport as well.

The room itself was fine, but they presented 2 very serious faults: bad acoustic isolation and bright rooms in the morning due to the short curtains. It affects a lot the sleep quality since we spent the whole day walking around in SF and all you want at night is a quiet and dark room, without doors banging at 6 am.

Internet worked fine, they have a very good cable TV service (if ever you stay in the room). Breakfast was not bad. However, it was not refilled properly. So, as usual in this kind of hotel, if you don't arrive before 8am, you will have only rests.

I am not completely disappointed, but I won't come back. I'd rather try one of the dozens of hotels available at the same street. Besides, the price was not a differential, it was quite standard.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!