“hotel was great, nice room, clean, great front desk people...”

Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Indonesian first
Fairlee, VT
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had booked an early flight out of SFO, and stayed the night before my flight at the Days Inn nearby. I was pleased by the firm king sized bed and the clean and relatively spacious amenities, which were all I expected. When my alarm woke me at 4:20am (I said it was an early flight) I made a pot of coffee and showered while it brewed. Hurrying and perhaps still somewhat groggy I dressed and was standing in front of the bathroom mirror when my wedding ring dropped down into the sink.

There was no drain stopper (perhaps there might have been?) and I heard my ring rattle down into the trap below the sink. I checked and determined that the trap might be removed with a pipe wrench, but not with my bare hands.

While my wedding band has sentimental value, it is not irreplaceable. And I was determined to make my flight. The night clerk at the desk listened attentively and explained that the maintenance man would not come on duty until much later, and could look for my ring then. She took my information, and I left for the airport only hoping that my ring might find its way back to me.

While I was waiting at the luggage carousel in Boston about seven hours later I received a phone call from the hotel manager announcing that he had my ring in hand. He mailed it to me immediately, and I am wearing it again. Nick, my sincere thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vipul D, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello,
Wow we are so glad we were able to recover your ring! We do apologize for the drain stopper being missing and will make sure to get that fixed right away. Thank you very much for your five star review and your kind words. We are so glad you had a positive experience and hope you will be back to stay with us again. Thank you for making Days Inn your choice for a San Francisco Airport Hotel.
UK
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Although a budget hotel,it was better than we expected after reading some reviews. There's complimentary transfers from and return to San Francisco airport and an a free casual buffet breakfast available. We stayed only one night - it's ideal for a first night after a long flight and well positioned to start the scenic drive down Highway One.

Mike & Helen
UK

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary breakfast we offer to our guests. Thank you for making Days Inn your choice for a San Francisco Airport hotel. We hope your drive down the coast was successful. Please come back and stay with us again.
Tulsa
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was spacious, the wi-fi connection good. Loved the complimentary breakfast. Mattress and pillows were comfortable. Only complaint was the loose faucet in the bathroom sink. We stayed 4 nights and let the front desk know the first day we were there. When we checked out it still had not been fixed. The first night the traffic noise made it difficult to sleep but our activities during the day wore me out so it didn't bother me the next night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hello,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy you were comfortable during your stay. We do apologize for the noise, and as a courtesy we do have earplugs at the front desk for our guests while we come up with a more permanent solution to the problem. Additional apologies for the sink in your room and we want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will follow up with our maintenance staff and make sure it gets fixed. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn San Francisco International Airport.
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and was quite surprised to see our room had 2 KING beds! I've never seen that before. The fridge and microwave in the room was perfect to heat up the left over pizza from Zorba's across the street. ( which was very good too.)
My only suggestion would be to add some yogurt to the breakfast.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Vipul D, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. We really value your feedback and it is always taken into consideration when we are making improvements to the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West. We appreciate your business and hope you will be back to stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!