“wonderful stay”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
San Francisco, California
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

i stayed on many days inn but this one is really neat clean & most beautiful thing is close to the airport, breakfast rooms & friendly staff, the manager nick is really nice person & he really care about their guest satisfaction. i must say about him he is really hardworking & he is growing his business with kindness & respect, i m telling all my friend to try once because its really convenient & good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shutong l
Daysinn12391, Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello,
So glad that you enjoyed your stay at the San Bruno Days Inn. We look forward for you to come visit us again. Thank you for the great reviews, we greatly appreciate it. This is what makes our business better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Indonesian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I originally booked 1 night for this hotel on our iPad and apparently choose the wrong night. I showed up the next day and discovered this mistake, along with the fact that my card was already charged for the night. The manager was fantastic in helping sort this out! Before I found all this out I was planning on asking to reserver a second night, so once we discovered this error and that I was already charged a night he said he would comp me a night so I would only have to pay for the 2 nights we were staying instead of 3! He offered all of this directly to me, it wasn't a case of me having to kick up a fuss or anything. It's not a 4 star hotel, but I've stayed at plenty where you don't get that kind of service!

Room Tip: This hotel is right on a main road so if you have a hard time sleeping with cars driving past, ask t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

To start off, my wife and I were just looking for somewhere to stay overnight before an early flight the next morning. We booked this place based on the price and proximity to the airport, knowing full well that the average TripAdvisor review was 3 stars. So we feel like we got exactly what we expected. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Parking availability is limited, we had to park on a side street. There are a few restaurants within walking distance that were rated well on Yelp and TA, and we enjoyed our dinner at Zorba's Pizza right across the street (see my review there).

Overall, the room itself wasn't bad. I thought it was very clean, and pretty large for the cost- we were pretty comfortable. It was nice that a fridge was in the room- many places don't include that anymore. We didn't hear any road noise, but we could hear planes taking off from the airport (which was expected, being this close). We could also hear the people in the next room talking, so the walls aren't very insulated. There were a few small things that should be addressed- the shower curtain is too small for the shower, which leads to water spraying on the floor, and the diverter on the tub spout was incredibly hard to pull in order to get the shower head running- my wife couldn't have done it herself. Also, there is a VERY fine line between very hot and very cold water- not much room in between, though I was finally able to get a comfortable temperature. Also, we couldn't get the TV to work (though the free wi-fi was good). Overall, I'd stay here at this rate again if I only needed a place overnight before an early flight- but other than that, I'd pay a little more to get something better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from El Camino Real.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LAUREL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The area was crappy..the room below average and I could clearly hear the next door neighbors ; could not imagine eating their breakfast! The most horrid was the shuttle bus - it had the appearance that it was crapped in..every seat! Yuk!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#3 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!