“Mixed Emotions”

Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had made too many reservations & one slipped by to where I had to pay a penalty. I checked in on 10-01-12. On 10-5-12 I was notified becuz I didn't cancel I would have to pay an additional room charge. Your system should have been able to pick up the fact that I was already staying @ your hotel since 10-01. The check-in should have superseded any other reservations I made.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a King suite which was the best room we had on our trip. After checking in, I dropped off my rental car and their shuttle picked me up and again took the shuttle back to airport the next morning. Very convenient because the rental car return is off site from the airport. Easier getting dropped off directly at the terminal.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daysinn12391, General Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Glad you enjoyed your trip at the Days Inn in San Bruno. Great to hear back reviews on our shuttle system! Thank you and looking forward for your stay again at the Days Inn!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here during labor day weekend and paid about $70/night since I booked very early. I saw the price shoot up right after I booked. For $70/night this place is a great value but I saw the price went up to $100+/night, which is definitely not worth it. The parking is very tight and cramped if you have big SUV or van then you may have difficulty parking.
The rooms are clean, very spacious and in ok condition probably need some renovation in future. The bed was ok not very cozy but ok for a night sleep. It was little noisy since it was close to the airport.
Free Wifi, microfridge and microwave are included in the room. The continental breakfast was very average and it was in a tiny place.
I would recommend this hotel if you are paying about $60-$80 and for anything more you should get a better place than this. Price varies depending on the season & when you book so booking early would save money. Overall this is a decent place and would stay here again (depending on the price).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I made a quick trip to SF, and I needed an inexpensive hotel near the airport for a night. My room with a king bed was about 115.00 (very cheap for SF). The staff was efficient and helpful, the hotel very clean, the room quiet, the bed comfortable. I had a good breakfast in the lobby (included), and took the free shuttle to the airport. I have no complaints, and I'll certainly stay there again when I'm in town.

Room Tip: I was facing busy El Camino Real, and I was next to the elevator, but I heard no noise at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Manager Nick and the staff at this Days Inn were great and managed to get beds for all in my party when Hotels.com screwed up our reservation. ( I will not use Hotels.com again for reservations!!!) The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Nick even went to bat for me a couple of weeks later when Hotels.com tried to overcharge m! I will stay here at Days Inn San Bruno Airport West the next time I am in the Bay Area for sure. Donna

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel- don't use a booking service!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel and the rooms are clean but in need of some refreshment (peeling wallpaper in the bathroom) and the staff is helpful. The continental breakfast is very minimal. It is the most minimal breakfast setting we had in all the hotels where we have ever stayed . Toast available but no cream cheese or peanut butter. Excellent orange juice. The cereal is sugary, even the raisin bran. There is instant oatmeeal but again very sugary. There are apples and most of the time bananas. Of course there are waffles with syrup . Breakfast is most of the time ready for 6AM if not just ask. There were often more guests than seats/tables, so we had to eat standing up. The maid would be forgetting to provide enough towels for all of us (4) and would forget to leave wash cloths or to replace the coffee. I left her a note so that she would not forget the 4 towels. One thing we did not like much is the perfume that they spray in the room after they clean it, but as soon as we enter the room you can start the air conditionning. We have stayed there 9 days. On arrival the air conditionning was not working in room 204 . They changed our room to 214. I doubt the air conditionning was ever fixed. Great working free internet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel was less convenient that I expected. It is an airport hotel but the shuttle is only once per hour. I stayed there so I could get some extra sleep (being close to the airport) but with the limited shuttle service, it did not work out. Housekeeping needs some work, there were a couple of holes in the blanket and the coffee maker had not been cleaned from the prior guest (pot still had coffee in and the coffee was still in the filter basket).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Daysinn12391, Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have shuttle service in the morning every hour on the hour from the hotel to the airport. There is no excuse for the holes in the blanket or coffee left in the pot. We will address these issues at our housekeeping meeting. Thank you for bringing it up and once again we would like to apologize.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bruno
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!