“Well worth the money!”

Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I booked this hotel for less than $50 a night and this is what we got:
1. Free airport shuttle to and from the hotel (including when we just needed to get to the airport to then go into the city)
2. A room that was clean and spacious
3. Fats and free internet in the room
4. A continental breakfast which is good. I dont know what people who moan on this site expect from a free breakfast in a room that costs $50 but I had coffee, apple juice, some cereal, a couple of slices of toast, a chocolate muffin, an apple and a freshly made Belgian waffle. I was impressed!
5. Helpful staff at the front desk who suggested ways of getting downtown early in the morning, phoned taxi cabs for us and made sure breakfast was set up a bit earlier so we had time to eat before heading off.

Thanks for our stay and we will be back next week!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank joeswelch

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed here for a quick nights rest before a 6am flight. Decided to use their free parking and park our rental car for the night and drive to the airport the next morning, so didnt have to figure out their shuttle system. The room itself was large, king-size bed, and coffee machine. Alas, the heat system didnt work though. The night staff was nice enough. I would recommend this place for those who need to be near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NEAutumn
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel smells very clean and the lady who checked us in was lovely. I asked if the hotel bill could be split between two credit cards upon checkout. She assured us it was fine. We paid about $80 for a room with two double beds. It was a decent room with a free bus to the airport, no complaints here.

We went to check out early the next morning, and no one was at the desk, so I rang the bell. I rang it several times and no one came. We decided to call the hotel, and a lady in the next room (within earshot) picked up. We told her we needed to check out and we wanted to split the bill. She, Mary, told us that was not possible. When I told her that I had been told otherwise, she begrudgingly said, "Give me your card." After we paid, she gave us one receipt. I asked for a copy so we both could have one. She gave me a nasty look and started muttering insults under her breath. After tossing me the copy, she walked away, continuing to mutter insults about us.

You're in the hospitality business. Stop being lazy and rude.

If not for Mary, I would have given this 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked one night via Priceline. The shuttle picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of our call. Person at the front desk was friendly and we booked for a 5am shuttle back to the airport the next morning. Our room was in the back of the hotel. The room stunk of room deodorizer. Thankfully the window opened and had a screen. Finally the air was breathable. Room was ok, needed a good repainting. Bedsheets had holes in them. Free wifi worked, quiet room. They gave us a muffin and banana to take on the shuttle. I would look for another place next time.

1  Thank wlbox
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very convenient to the airport. About a 25-30 minute drive to Golden Gate Bridge. The TV in our room didn't work, but they were very nice about switching us to another room if we wanted. We didn't. Nice for an airport-handy place.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Every so often I read a negative review of a hotel I have stayed and thought to myself, boy, that person must be really judgemental, it was fine when I was there. After my stay at the Days Inn in San Bruno I now understand - a hotel is really only as good as it worst room or staff member. After waiting for the receptionist to get off her cell phone and off a chair in the breakfast area and attend to us at the front desk, we went up to our room and within two minutes I was on my computer looking for somewhere else to stay - no matter that I would lose 100% of what I had pre-paid on Hotwire. Red stains (ketchup? worse?) on the walls and ceiling, a chair that had about five layers of stains on the upholstery, dents in the drywall..... After realizing that booking another hotel was going to cost at least $150 (I wasn't about to take a chance on another 2 star room at this point), my husband went down to the front desk and asked if we could move to a different room. He convinced me to at least give it a look. It wasn't great, but despite the obvious smell of harsh cleaning products in the air, it was certainly better than the previous one. It took all that I had to get over the experience and get to sleep that night. I now have a new repsect for negative reviews and am feeling a little wary of blind bookings through Hotwire.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We prepaid for a room for the night before our early morning flight home out of SFO. This hotel is a very good value. We found our room to be clean with very good amenities: coffee mare, microwave, refrigerator and hair dryer. Shuttle service was fast and efficient. We dropped off our rental car the night before the flight after checking in so we used the free shuttle service twice.

• Stayed: October 2011
#2 of 7 in Millbrae
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!