“Great experience - nice staff!”

Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I found this hotel through the internet and booked directly with them. They were having a special - when you booked 3 nights or longer you would get a 20% discount. It was great! The airport shuttle was quick and effective, the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean (I stayed there two times and both times the room was clean), the bed was comfortable and breakfast was good.

I know San Bruno is not close to San Francisco, so if you are planning to take public transportation it is not ideal. However, if you are planning to rent a car this is the place for you. Parking is free, the location itself is close to malls and not too far from San Francisco (by car).

I have to personally praise Trusha at the front desk, who was always glad to help us through our stay at the Days Inn. I will certainly come back next time I plan to stay in the Bay Area!

Room Tip: I would say book directly with them - Better deal.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 4, 2011

We selected this hotel based on the reviews and also the intial tel interaction that i had with the hotel staff - but really sadly - i had a REALLY TERRIBLE experience.

It started at the airport. I called the hotel for the shuttle. I was told that the shuttle would come in 5- 10 minutes. The hotels i about 3 miles from the airport. The shuttle doesnt arrive for 30 min. I made couple of calls to the hotel which was responded with a more and more irritated voice of " oh they might have a couple of stops", " oh they might have had heavy traffic" - The tone was almost like oh, come on i am doing you a favor - why are you continuously calling me to irritate me ?. This really ticked us off - after half an hour of waiting, we went down, took a cab and reached the hotel.

I pleasently enquired at the hotel reception ( apprantely the same lady who spoke to me ) - has their shuttle reached the airport yet ? ( oh btw, the cab took me to the hotel in about 5 min ). If i expected an apology or an explanation, i was mistaken. The receptionist almost became angry at me telling me that the shuttle driver searched for me at the airport when he reached there and couldnt find me ! ( it was almost like - how could you waste our time ? :) ). By this time, i had given up - i asked her if she canc ancel my booking and refund my money ( I had booked through Kayak and was a non refundable boking, unfortunately ) - She tells me that its my problem with Kayak. She told me ( and i am not kidding! ) that i can gladly cancel and i will have to deal with KAyak for the refund. I smiled, showed her the papaer that said that the hotel had a non refunda ble policy - and then she said - ah yes, the hotel has such an arrangement with KAyak - but if i want to refund, i should fight with Kayak !!??!!

Anyways, we stuck to the same hotel - beaten down with travel fatigue and inertia. But the room was another terrible shock:
1. The pillow cover looked like someone else had slept on it and it had not been changed. We refused to use the pillows.. :(
2. The TV Stopped working from the second day onwards. When we called the reception, we were told that they do not know what is wrong and we should call the TV maintenance the next day.. Really ? :)
3. The iron leaked drenching my shirt with water instead of steam. The iron board was so stained that you would not even want to touch it.
4. The wallpaper at the bathroom was peeling off at the corners - looks really dirty ! :(

We thought nothing more could shock us. The breakfast did! :) - But compared to what we had to endure at the reception and the room, this was a breeze. There was barely any breakfast. Only toast, waffle and some very suspicious looking muffins and scones. ( Some of them even tasted funny - and we could hear even others mentioning the same thing - there was a green color thing - which no one could identify as to what it was :) )

As for the location, apart fromt he 3 mile nearness from the airport and the complimentary shuttle, nothing else is worth this place. The hotel is about 30 min away from both the BART stations ( San bruno or millbrae ) and it is not such an intersting location otherwise too.

I would say skip this hotel, if you can.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I travelled to SF on business. I have found Nick ( reception) and another person ( who's name I forgot) to be going out of their way in helping me get some items together for our business. I travel on business 110+ days per year and very rarely do I encounter service like that.

The location of the hotel was ok, not great, the shuttle service ok ( only once per hour, would be nice to have every 30 min from the hotel), but the drivers were very friendly and helpful as well.

The rooms were clean, as was the breakfast area and the complementary foods very much appreciated.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PatrickCamas_WA
Reviewed March 3, 2011

How wrong some of the reviews were that I read before staying here. Friendly staff, room was clean, comfortable bed, etc. Can not find anything wrong to say about my stay there, We stayed in another hotel for a couple of days on business before coming to this one to relax a few days and even though the other hotel had a 3+ star rating it was no better than the Days Inn in San Bruno. If I need to return to San Francisco area for any reason this Days Inn is on the top of my list for a hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We arrived at the hotel to be told my credit card had been declined, even though I had prepaid through Lastminute.com. Although this was sorted out quite quickly, no apology was offered, and all the staff we dealt with were not helpful or friendly at all. Our room had not been finished, and the pillows were strewn over the beds with no pillow cases. This was sorted out quite quickly though. The room and bathroom were large and well presented. On the positive side, the hotel is well located with restaurants and shopping plazas close by and the parking is free. The drive into San Francisco is about 20 minutes - a good choice to avoid paying city centre prices and hefty parking charges. All in all, we would use this hotel again for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2011

After staying in a 3-star Hotel in Oakland area, I found this to be a nicer experience. Rooms were bigger and the general atmosphere was much more relaxed. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I had just arrived from New Zealand, checked in and they gave me the card key. Went to my room, and it was full of old food and drinks, bed wasn't made or anything (this was about 3pm). All I wanted was some sleep, but I had to leave and go shopping while it was being cleaned.

Also the phone in the room didn't work, so when it came to ringing to order food it was impossible. Quite a distance from the train station, but not too fa away from a bus stop - but this doesn't run all that frequently nor particularly late at night.

Quiet place, so wasn't too bad. I would have appreciated a clean room on arrival however. Tv remote didn't work, but thats not a major.

Transfer from and to airport was efficient.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
#2 of 7 in Millbrae
Hotel Aura San Bruno
Hotel Aura San Bruno
#2 of 13 in San Bruno

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!