“So Much Comfort, You feel at Home”

Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
dc
“So Much Comfort, You feel at Home”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I am so glad we found this hotel. We had gone to San Francisco using the Bart from the Hotel. We made a mistake coming back to the hotel and took the Milbrae stop. We had to walk about 5 miles or more; we should have taken the San Bruno stop. The hotel has a nice breakfast; and a great spa, I really enjoyed the internet set up in the hall outside of our room. They had cookies one day, I think my husband was looking for them again and again; but he was disappointed it was just the day of check in. I spoke to the owner last day he was very nice. I hope to stay here again in the future. It was so relaxing and clean!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank alleyca21t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Pittsburgh, PA United States
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Very comfortable hotel. Quiet. Higher end linens and towels. Stylish contemporary decor. Not spectacular, since on site facilities are minimal, but otherwise very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I recently spent three nights in on of their suites and how comfortable. I enjoyed the fresh cookies each evening. And the staff is always very helpful and very friendly. This hotel is my choice for the Bay Area!! And it is a great value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights at Villa Montes and had a variety of places to go. I used BART to get to Oakland and San Francisco and found it very easy (San Bruno station is about .7 miles away from the hotel). The hotel is very new, the rooms spotless. Somehow I managed to go to the Bay Area during a heat-wave so once I learned to work the A/C, life was good. I stayed in a room with a balcony which was nice for the breeze but I never went out onto it. The balcony faced El Camino Real, a fairly busy main drag. My room had a flat screen TV, a very nice bathroom. I used the sauna once and had it to myself. The hotel has coffee/tea available at the front desk all the time which was very nice. It's a small hotel but the staff was very friendly and I felt comfortable there. It is near the Tarafan mall also which I found convenient (there is a Target, a couple of restaurants, etc.)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2009

"Wow" my wife said, "These sheets must be at least 700 thread count!" "Wow", I said, "That flat screen must be at least 40 inches!" My wife and I stayed at Villa Montes on two weekends coming and going from Hawaii. Just wanted a place to crash near the airport, but got a whole lot more than we expected. The place was decorated in a somewhat down scale Vegas Ceasar's Palace motif, but was very tastefully done. The beds were the best hotel beds we've ever found. The bathrooms were solid marble. Parking in the underground garage was free, a big plus in this part of the world. Breakfast was typical California fare, lots of coffees and teas, fresh fruits, and muffins. The Clarion chain has really hit a homerun with this one. If you're coming to the bay area this has to be your best bet for value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geomon
Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Absolutely loved this hotel, every bit of it! The rooms were beautiful as were the common areas. Everything was spotless & so comfortable, especially the bed. They had a business centre for internet access, free parking & a great choice of food for breakfast. The staff were very welcoming and helpful & the receptionist had baked cookies which were yummy, she knew the way to my heart! Couldn’t fault it at all & would love to stay again, I need a reason to go back! Very reasonably priced for what you get (we nearly felt guilty!). It should definitely be a four star.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Snoopyireland
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Needed a place to stay for just one night and for the money this was a great find! Located in the small town of San Bruno, close enough to both the 380 and 101 freeways, about 20 minutes from San Francisco, lots of food options around, close to a shopping center, a lot of plusses! Rooms are spacious (we had a king size bed - so very comfortable with the pillow top mattress and lots of pillows!) continental breakfast was great... make your own waffles, yogurt, bagels, toast, cereal bar and oatmeal... service was friendly, small hotel, free underground parking. Unfortunately the elevator wasn't working but the stairs weren't all that bad. Free wireless access is a plus as well! Perfect for the business traveler who doesn't want to stay in a large chain hotel... only minutes from SFO!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!