“extremely hospitable and great service”

Super 8 San Bernardino/Hospitality Lane
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed April 13, 2009

When i entered they lady at the froint desk was very kind and hospitable. She kindly showed me how to get to my room and their complementary breakfast in the morning was absolutely devouring.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 13, 2009

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The service is great and will help you with all your needs. The rooms are always cleaned every morning and are done very well. It is located in the center of San bernardino next to all the stores and resturants. The best part is the price compared to the Hilton and the La Quinta in the same city Super 8 is alot better. The first and second time i went to San Bernardino for snowboarding I stayed at those hotels. The third time I stayed at Super 8 and I will never go anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank parthpatel99
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I think its a place to come back to. Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely happy

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank 86ricky
Reviewed June 21, 2008

My husband and I were in town for business. Hospitality is good location and easy to manuever around. We stayed here for 3 nights in rm 103 and it was nice. We had to ask for clean towels each day as they did not come to room to clean --- I guess since we were staying over they did see the need to clean; I don't know. Anyway, we checked out after third night. Our meeting that day was delayed and as it was getting late we decided to stay another night rather than get on the road tired. We were put in rm 130. What a big difference! It was very musty smelling, dusty and the bed looked as though it was used. The towels were damp and stained. When we asked for new towels the desk clerk was rude and made us wait for nearly two hours to get them as she was busy even though we went to the offce. She had us stand while she handled others trying to check in. She refused to change our room as she said they were full. When we got back in the room we went to sit down and I saw what I thought was a bug run up the wall behind the tv. I watched and sure enough another one. My husband got up and checked only to count 10 roaches having their way behind the tv on the wall. We immediately called the desk. She was still refusing to change our room until my husband went down to the office and demanded that she call the manager. Finally we were put into another room.

Watch your linens, towels, etc and watch for bugs. Great location otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank sweetum
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I should have known we were going to have issues when I contacted the hotel for group rates and "Nancy" quoted me a rate $15 higher than their internet rate.

I manage a soccer team and we travel quite a bit for tournaments each year. So we get to stay at a lot of different hotels. We had never had an experience like this one!!!

I booked several rooms on line and got a respectable rate. Reviews were not so bad so here we went. Got there around 8:00 and our rooms were ready. At first glance they looked okay, however within a few minutes we started to have problems. First the electricity went out in the bathroom shower, vanity area, clock, lights and phone did not work so I had to walk to the front desk to tell them. When I got there someone else was complaining about their room too.

The front deks guys were very nice and got to our room to fix the problem right away and they did that. However, they left behind a stench (body odor) that stayed in our room for an hour after they left!!!

Okay, so now we have lights so we can take showers and relax. After a couple of hours of walking bare footed, I noticed that the bottom of our feet were BLACK............the carpet was filfty!!!!

Time for bed - Our room had a pull out bed and we wanted to used it. When we opened up I was disgusted. The matress had bodily fluids stains all over (did not even had a cover, which it was a good thing) BIG BIG STAINS!!!. I wish I would have taken pictures!!!

Next morning I got up and went for the Continental Breakfast, which is coffee, cereal, juices, package muffins and a "make your own" waffles. Not bad, not great!

The rest of our group follow after me and went for the continental breakfast, but as soon as they got there "Nancy" (now at the front desk) decided that breakfast time had EXPIRED and put the food away.....IT WAS NOT EVEN 9:00am. The boys were dissapointed, but did not argue with her.

I got to meet Nancy in person while checking out and I can tell you this woman does not have any business dealing with the public. SHE'S RUDE. Simple questions turn into arguments with her. I got to see that at first hand when the person in front of me was talking to her.

We should have stayed at the Country Inn Suites in Ontario. I is a bit further, but the facility is great and their staff owesome.

Never too old to learn!!!

• Stayed: November 2007
6  Thank LaCalla
Reviewed August 4, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the motel from June 26 - July 3 2007. After that we travelled across the country to Forida staying at many different hotels/motels. The San Bernardino super 8 was by far the best one we stayed at. It was extremly clean, quiet and was a very good price. I liked the size of the TV, and the fact that the mirror and sink were outside of the bathroom so that when I did my makeup and hair I was able to still have a conversation with my boyfriend. I found no dirt, no garbage and the rooms smelled nice, unlike most motels. The air conditioner in our room was awesome. The pool however was pretty small, but we didnt plan to use it anyways. Along our several day journy to florida, we stayed in many different hotels/motels, and they either smelled bad, had way to many bugs, outdated, and so many other things. I found the super 8 to be just as good as the Hilton, but for a way way way better price. There's also alot of food places to choose from. I strongly recommened this place

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kattymeow
Reviewed October 6, 2005

We arrived in San Bernardino for one night's stay around 7pm the last week of September without any reservations and this was the first place we found that had any non-smoking rooms available. I was a bit put off by the clerk being behind glass and having to push my ID and credit card through a slot, but the room was fine - much larger than expected with the best shower and water pressure we had in a week of travelling all over the state. Free internet access via a computer in the lobby (a big plus for us since we don't travel with a laptop and usually have to seek out Kinkos/Fed Ex locations). "Continental Breakfast" was dismal, but there is an IHOP next door and you'll get a small discount by showing your Super 8 key card or receipt.

Stayed: September 2005