“Good.......but”

Super 8 San Bernardino/Hospitality Lane
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would have given this a four but the noise from the other rooms and the interstate and the lame tube tv knocked it down a notch. The room was very clean. The linens and towels were high quality. Located next to an Ihop so I did not eat the free cereal breakfast. The clerk was nice and the parking was ample. Good for a nights stay but ask for a room away from the Interstate.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I are staying at this location due to the price on internet which makes it affordable. The location is great near freeways and restaurants. The staff is pleasant .Mr Krunal is very knowledgable and has great customer service skills. Super 8 also has a continental breakfast. Motel 6 do not have one and charges about the same rates. During the day it is quiet and peaceful. They appear to be maintaining the premises. I would recommend it. I feel safe here too.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janice H
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The room carpet smells awful. Indian Guy at check in asks u to wait till he finishes food There were strands of hair on the towels pillow cases (indian lady said maid would bring new one but nothing) and bed sheets had holes. Breakfast? U might as well eat dirt and room is filty and nasty. Sleep in ur car.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank The-Secret T
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The location was pretty good fairly close off the interstate but the whole place was very out dated amd the building needed to be fixed it was a weak contential breakfest the paint in the outside amd inside was pealing off the shower head was way to low, the sink head was falling off, the electrical outlets were damaged and unuseball te only thing keeping this hotel at two stars and not one is the cleanlines

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Calferman1
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I thought about rating this as a terrible but there were a few positives so I wouldn't go quite that far. We booked the room online over a month in advance and made a error on the arrival date. I called the hotel to change the date, still over a month in advance and was given a horrible run-around and was essentially forced over and over to admit that it was my error. I understand the cancellation "policy," but I don't need to hear it over and over again. Use some customer service people. It's not like your property is in hot demand.

Upon arrival, it took 10 minutes to find someone at the front desk to check us in and I only got excuses that the clerk was helping someone at another part of the hotel. I guess that means that only one person was working the entire facility during check-in? We arrived at the room to find two towels with no hand towels or wash cloths for a room booked for 4. I asked for more towels at the front desk and he could only "find" one more in the entire hotel.

The room was ok until you get to the bathroom. There was no drain plug for the sink, and obvious, severe water damage around the tub and toilet areas. We used the pool, which was decent, but we needed to use our own towels. I wanted to let my daughter take a shower after but stopped her when I realized the shower curtain rod was coming dangerously loose from the wall. In fact the entire wall area it was screwed into was falling apart. We had a poor nights sleep due to paper thin walls and loud neighbors.

The neighborhood is ok with several other, much nicer hotels in the area. There are also several decent restaurants within walking distance if you can get past the characters hanging around this particular hotel as well as the adult club down the street.

The breakfast was fair and was ok to get us started in the morning.

If you are looking for a hotel in this area I suggest you look elsewhere. You can tell that someone has been painting but as the saying goes, " you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig." I will not be returning '

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank valuetraveler89
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here for a week during my vacation its right next to the freeway!the staff were nice.my room was always cleaned!this hotel has everything u need !I will definately stay there again on my next vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jessicap505
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, clean, staff serviceminded, ok room, but smaller than the other ones I have tried in the region. Have fridge og coffeemaker, which i a +. Good value. Lots og restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast included, toast, jam, waffles, muffins and some fruits. Will go back.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family