“Great for Business”

Best Western Hospitality Lane
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was very impressed with the outside appearance and the rooms were just as impressive. The Best Western is the place to stay. I had heard great reviews from my co workers about the Best Western, so I decided to give it a try. I arrived about 45 mins before my check in time, was greeted by the sweetest front desk clerk, Jessica. Which was a huge surprise, most times, while checking in at other hotels, the clerk is busy texting away behind the desk, but not Jessica. I explained I was early, but that wasn't an issue, Jessica right away began checking to see if there were any rooms ready and there were. She explained everything I needed to know, but she was sincere about the info, she wasn't just reciting something she had memorized. The check in experience was awesome. My stay was even better! The facility is quiet. I was able to get my work done with not interruptions, sleep was great, and I was even given a wake up call as requested!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Salj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it

Reviewed October 3, 2013

overall, this was the worst experience that I have ever had at a Best Western. hopefully, with the information that I have provided them, next time, if there is a next time, they will have improved on it. The room itself was excellent, the appearance of the facility is impressive, but, here are some of the things that made My stay there well below satisfactory. 1. when I got there, to check in, I asked the girl behind the desk if I could please use the bathroom,. as I was in urgent need. she said there was no bathroom, even tho it was only 10 feet away, clearly visible. so, I ask her a 2nd time, and told her it was extremely urgent. again, same answer. then, she told Me that if I left her my ID and credit card, she would give Me the key to My room, which was through the parking lot, and around the corner. I think she needs a refresher course on the meaning of "customer service", because she has no clue what it really means. 2. when I called and asked where the ice machine was located, same girl told Me that the only working one was on the 2nd floor, that the one on the 1st floor was broken. when I asked where the elevator was located, to get up to the ice machine, she said that I would have to use the stairs. when I explained that I was in the handicap room because of My knees, and that stairs are a major problem, she said, "I'm sorry, but, you'll have to use the stairs, if you want ice". 3, the room is nice, comfortable, and looks good. but, almost all of the electrical outlets are already completely filled, so, My choice was to unplug the microwave, so that I could plug in My computer. oh, btw, fyi, that particular electrical cover is brown, like it has had an electrical spark, or short, and one point. you might want to have someone take a close look at it, as it could be a safety hazard. 4. I am surprised, and disappointed, that, at a Best Western as visually impressive as this one is, and looks as good as this one does, and, it really does, does NOT have room upgrades available for Best Western Premier Members, because, that is what I was told, when I asked at the front desk, again, by the same representative whom I initially met at check in. 5. the bathroom was very nice, clean, as all are, but, the toilet slowly ran all night, and didnt really hear it, until I turned off the TV to go to bed. so then, had to close the door to be able to sleep, and, no, I was not going to call the front desk at 1030 - 1100, to tell them. 6, one last question --- why are the marked handicap parking areas NOT in front of the handicap room, but, instead, around the corner from them?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Rich M.,

I personally thank you for your review, overall I was glad to hear your room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I have shared your concerns with my staff and have addressed all concerns.

I do apologize but we do not have a public restroom here on the premises, the ice machine was down for only 24 hours, things do break and to have an ice machine repaired in 24 hours is an acceptable repair time, I have changed the electrical outlet face plate as it was discolored, the toilet running just needed an adjustment which we corrected, the accessible parking spaces are designed to meet all accessible room parking.

As you can see we value your concern and have taken action to correct them, whenever there is any concerns big or small we shut down the room and correct all concern before renting the room again. In addition we have a preventive maintenance and deep cleaning program to assist in making sure all of our guests have a good experience with us.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great value for the price! This is he second time that I have stayed at this hotel for business. Rooms are in excellent condition, breakfast is in good, and internet did not go down. Would stay there again!

Thank C. Robert V
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate it, guests like you make a difference. Ask about our Loma Linda Rate the next time your in town.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Did an overnight stay here in San Bernardino and was happy with stay. Room was clean, area was quite, staff was knowledgeable and answered all questions that I had. Would recommend to others to stay. Good amount of food places in area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We appreciate your business

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I frequent this hotel and stay for several days at a time. The staff is always pleasant with a smile on their faces and very eager to help. The front desk staff, Rebecca and Jessica, are always friendly and smiley. They are helpful in many ways and quick to help.

The rooms are very clean and smell nice & fresh. The grounds are kept nice and clean as well. It's always all around a good & pleasant place to stay. I always recommend it to my friends.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: l just always choose a corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel was clean the room was clean the staff was very friendly and accommodating . I asked for things to do and where was a good place to eat . Front desk answered with no hesitation . Everything in the room worked TV, lights, shower ect. When I come back to this area I will be back at this hotel for sure . Thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind review, we all here appreciate you and the business you give us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This might have been my worst hotel experience yet. I check in with my two guests and they only allowed me to have 2 complimentary breakfast tickets regardless of my guests, when we chose this hotel so we could have breakfast. I was also told the hotel does not do late check out after
I had checked the website and it stated they offered that service. Front desk staff was rude, plus both of my room keys deactivated after a few hours. And on top of all this, my room was never cleaned when I left the room and put the cleaning sign on the door. So I stayed for 2.5 days with no cleanings, and the microwave didn't work. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kateeeeeeeee
bwhl, General Manager at Best Western Hospitality Lane, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Through research I was able to find which room you were in, The microwave was working. The breakfast is for registered guests, I show two registered guests on this stay. Your room had not been serviced due to a privacy sign on the door. On special event bookings we cannot offer late checkouts as we have to turn the rooms for new arrivals.

Again I do apologize and do appreciate the business, hope to see you again.