A friend and I took a road trip along Route 66 for a girls' weekend away. On our last night of the trip we stayed at the WigWam Motel. We were pleasantly surprised.
When we arrived late due to car trouble the inkeeper was very accomodating. Our room was immaculately clean. We had one of 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. Although we had to sacrifice a decent sitting area for the extra bed, we were very comfortable. A nice couple let us peek into their room, which had one bed and a sitting area. It was nicely decorated and again very clean and well-maintained. The grounds were well manicured, and the price was exceptional even for a roadside motel.
The only complaint I have is the area: we found it hard to find somewhere to eat that wasn't fast food or a Mexican mom-and-pop restaurant...which is excellent if you're in the mood for those things, which we weren't. Still, it was a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Route 66! One of the few remaining classic motels. This family-fun roadside attraction was built in 1949 and has undergone a renovation phase. The motel offers a complete guest room in a peculiar fashion of actual wigwam units. The motel comprises of all the standard hotel amenities and even includes free Wi-Fi connection! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wigwam Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wigwam Hotel San Bernardino
- Wigwam Motel San Bernardino