Our group of 4 adults traveling the old Rt 66 from Chicago to LA booked the Wigwam Hotel for the ultimate Rt 66 experience. The are surrounding the hotel is a little sketchy, as previous reviews have also noted. But the wigwam was very clean inside. We have 2 double beds, a flat screen TV, a small table with 2 chairs and a couple of nightstands. there are no outlets in the bathroom so drying your hair or shaving with an electric razor is tricky. The bathroom is dated with an old style sink and shower stall but again very clean. The owner let us stay in the pool well after its closing time. It was cool staying here just for the authentic feel of the journey. I would recommend staying here but only for an overnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Route 66! One of the few remaining classic motels. This family-fun roadside attraction was built in 1949 and has undergone a renovation phase. The motel offers a complete guest room in a peculiar fashion of actual wigwam units. The motel comprises of all the standard hotel amenities and even includes free Wi-Fi connection! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wigwam Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wigwam Hotel San Bernardino
- Wigwam Motel San Bernardino