Nice, cozy "Tepee" style rooms - clean and recently renovated (slightly). We were finishing our route 66 trip and as part of the "experience" decided to stay in one of the most iconic motels from the bygone era. The rooms are on the small side, but clean and reasonably comfortable. There is not much room for clothing (no closet space) nor toiletries (no shelving in bathroom), but the linens are clean and the bed is comfortable. No coffee maker (have to go to office in the morning - hopefully they have purchased a new coffee maker as the one when we were there was on its last legs and took about an hour to brew) in the room, but a short morning walk is nice. The grounds are nicely manicured and very lush / green. Yeah, it's not the Ritz, but it's reasonably priced and worth at least a night's stay in one of the few remaining iconic route 66 motor hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Route 66! One of the few remaining classic motels. This family-fun roadside attraction was built in 1949 and has undergone a renovation phase. The motel offers a complete guest room in a peculiar fashion of actual wigwam units. The motel comprises of all the standard hotel amenities ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wigwam Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wigwam Hotel San Bernardino
- Wigwam Motel San Bernardino