“Great for a photo , not for overnight stay.....”
Review of Wigwam Motel

and 1 more site!
Wigwam Motel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Stayed here this past week with my family , as i was driving into Los Angeles for a family trip. I thought the place was a great place to stop for to take a picture next to the Wigwam....but was not a great place to stay as a hotel. The motel , and the surrounding area are just not a great place to be. We actually moved the next night near the hospitality lane and waterman area area after the first night, because they have all the resturants and night life all on one street , and the hotels there are much nicer and real hotels not just "gimmicks" to get people to stay. The wigwam was ok as a motel and place to take a pic, but my opinion is that its not a hotel i would stay at for a trip with my family. The interior of the room, is ok for a motel, but definetly not spacious or comfortable as a regular hotel. I would recommend staying elsewhere and coming here to take pictures of the Wigwam.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank jasonwyeth
wigwamrte66, Manager at Wigwam Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2008

Thanks for leaving your feedback.

You're absolutely right, but a little too strong. The area is depressed to the levels of what you'd see in just about any downtown city across the US. So, it's not something that is unfamiliar or shocking. The motel lives in an older city and has to face the problems that the city brings. We make our guests feel safe and secure while at the motel, as this is a part of our job here. We offer phones within our rooms so that guests can report or contact front desk, secondary locks within rooms, room side parking, security patrol, surveillance and a on duty front desk man.

Don't be worried, risk is everywhere you go. Anything can happen at anytime and anyplace. Stay at an old Route 66 motel once and experience the stay. The Wigwam Motel was built in 1949 and it represents American architecture, it is by no means a gimmicks. I'm sure there are much larger "gimmicks" out there than the Wigwam Motel.

We appreciate your feedback. I hope that you are able to one day stay with us, just for the experience. We do offer rooms with 2 beds, these rooms are slightly larger.

Management

Reviewed January 19, 2008

Hotel desk clerk friendly, Wigwams clean and fun...however, the area is dark with barred rundown buildings all around. In the morning, I stepped out for a walk only to make a dash back to the wigwam because a bum started walking quickly right towards me. My family and I did not feel safe in this area. I wish I would have known beforehand. Safety comes first over novelty for me.

1  Thank sleepy99
Reviewed January 14, 2008

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alltrac
Reviewed January 10, 2008

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thydasher
Reviewed November 8, 2007

In August 2007 ourselves and 4 of our closest friends went on a road trip on motorcycles that started in Las Vegas and found us in places such as San Bruno, San Fransisco, Arizona, Nevada and ended back in Las Vegas. On our travels we had booked a one night stay at the Wigwam Motel on Route 66 in Rialto California. When we arrived it was dark and we were tired from a long day of riding. We were quickly checked in and given our room keys. When we arrived at the "room" and opened the door we were pleasantly surprised The "rooms" are shaped exactly like wigwams and the ceilings are made as such. Inside our room was the biggest bed I had ever seen, I probably could have used help getting on to it (heehee) There was a couch, coffee table, couple chairs and a tv with stand. The air conditioning was on and the room was so cool which was great as we had experienced temps in the 100's during our ride. The grounds of the wigwam motel are kept very well. There is a pool with a fence around it, fire pit and areas to sit. They also have some pretty cool old cars on the premises. The family who own and run this motel were so very nice and they work their buns off every day to keep this motel looking like it does. If you find yourself travelling through this area, you MUST at least plan to stay one night in a "wigwam". We are so very glad that we did and would do it again in a heartbeat. Any questions please feel free to email me at clodie2002@hotmail.com

1  Thank martymonty
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Nice decent place. Quiet and private. I'll come back without hesitation. Employee did his best. Very respectfull.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple