“Room for improvement”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in San Bernardino
Quartz Hill, California
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Fairfield Inn is an average Marriott property with some room for improvement....The mattresses are worn out and the sheets do not fit properly. They slide off during the night!
The indoor pool is TINY! Check-in was easy and a contract of house rules had to be signed...good thing though, because upon entering the elevator there were a couple of scantily clad costumed women in there with me and my 14 year old son. When we got up to the 3rd floor there was a large noisy group of 20 somethings hanging out and a strange odor, Hmmm?. Sunday breakfast will not be ready any earlier then 7:00 am, not even the cereal and yogurt that the front desk assured us there would be. Kudos to housekeeping...the hotel was very clean throughout! Good location and within walking distance to nice dinner restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of the hotel. We have taken your comments and showed them to our staff so they can make sure to pay attention to little details especially when it comes to the bed sheets. We are sorry that the weekend you were here there was a large noisy group. Unfortunately during your stay there was a Rave taking place in downtown, so some of the ravers did stay here. Although that is not an excuse we try our best to keep the noise level down during those events. As for the breakfast times, we try our best to accommodate teams that stay on the weekends but our typically breakfast times are from 7Am to 10AM. Again thank you for your comments, we will definitely take your comments and learn from them. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us another try if ever in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and two friends spent
one night at the Fairfield Inn. My friends
used the exercise room and had a good
work out. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful, giving us a room away from
the freeway. The room was very quiet and the beds were very comfy. We slept
very well. I would stay in the Fairfield Inn
again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello

Thank you so much for rating us on Tripadvisor. We are so glad that you and your friends were able to enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to having you guys stay with us again if you are ever in the San Bernardino area.
CA
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the location is convenient. Close to many restaurants and stores. The staff are friendly as well.

The room is rather small but okay for us. My only complaint is this hotel is very close to a busy freeway. We requested a room on the quiet side but it was still too noisy for me. But it did not bother others in our group.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed their recent stay with us. We do have a wonderful location especially being around so many restaurants. I am sorry to hear that the freeway noise kept you up during your stay. We hope that if you and your group are ever in the area again that you will stay with us again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Overall hotel was average, clean, comfortable. Near restaurants which was nice. Breakfast was average, limited hot items. Would stay for business, but would stay elsewhere for vacation time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Within the year we will be updating our breakfast layout to give a new look to our breakfast display. We thank you for choosing our hotel during your business trips to San Bernardino.
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is my last night at this hotel. Stayed here for three nights with my daughter who had an interview at LLU. I am so glad I picked this place despite some of the previous reviews. First class service. Asst Manager, Dominique is great - and so were the other people at the desk. Being a Marriott member, I asked and received a complimentary upgrade. The room is great, very spacious. Anything that we asked for, extra blankets, extra towels was delivered immediately. There was a power outage this morning in the area, we were provided with flashlights and the chief engineer made every effort to give me as much information as was available to him. The lady running the kitchen is very pleasant and helpful and goes the extra mile to make everything run smoothly. Told me where I could get water for my bottle, in the gym, showed me where to get lemon/orange water for my immediate use. I really felt like a welcome guest here and would highly recommend this hotel. Walking distance to a variety of great food places, Costco (where they sell alcohol at great prices), Sam's Club, etc. Panera bread a personal favourite is close by. Tried BJ's across from Fairfiled - had a great lunch.

Room Tip: ask the front desk for recommendations and directions.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ReviewsAll
Dominique B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also glad that we took care of all of your needs while staying with us in a timely manner. Our goal is to always take care of our guest and to make everyone feel comfortable. We are also glad that you were okay during the power outage we had earlier in the week. We wanted to make sure everyone felt okay about the situation, so we are glad you didn’t have to experience any inconvenience due to the outage. We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will come back and stay with us!!
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been here numerous times for different occasions. And I always come back for more. I have never had a problem with cleanliness, the rooms are always in great condition and I never have to worry about the toilet not being sparkling white. The staff always makes me feel like I am their only guests providing the best of service and making sure I am comfortable. I haven't had to deal with any rudeness from staff and have never walked in and not seen a smile on their faces. I have seen management interact with guest and workers, best management I have seen. My last stay was around ThanksGiving with my husband and two sons. Even though it was around a busy time the room, floor and overall hotel was still in good and very clean conditions. And all though it was full I still received the same excellent service, the front desk girls were great as usual, and breakfast was great. It was fresh and still hot by the time I got down there. I really enjoy the mini fridge and coffee maker in the room, and I find the beds are very coffee I would recommend a higher floor if a light sleeper but this hotel is great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for staying with us every time you are in the area. Our goal for all our guest is to make them feel comfortable while being away from home. We thank you for your kind words and will be sure to share with the staff just how great of a job they are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently my husband and I stopped off here for one night on our way home and we will never, make that NEVER stay there again. We are Marriott award members and stay at Marriotts all the time. This one was bad, kids running up and down the halls using the carts as toys until late. The bed was lumpy and to soft. The room was so small we could barely get into the room and there was a desk but no only a hard chair for me to sit in. When we went to breakfast, the food was gone, nothing left, apparently the kids had been there first. Oh and the sheets would not stay on the bed, when I woke up they were almost off the mattress. For a Marriott this was pathetic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Unfortunately the weekend that you stayed with us, we did have a few soccer teams in house, as there was a big soccer tournament taking place in the area. I completely understand the inconvenience you had during your stay due to the noise, as well as the issue with the breakfast in the morning. Moving forward we are making sure to give soccer teams a no party policy to sign at check-in. We are also making sure to have two staff members at the hotel during our busy soccer weekends, so we can monitor the hallways and overall property better. With being a Marriott rewards member I can see the frustration you had during your stay with us. You deserve nothing but the best from us. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites should you ever be in the area again. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to make your experience a positive experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Bernardino
Residence Inn San Bernardino
Residence Inn San Bernardino
#8 of 32 in San Bernardino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Loma Linda- San Bernardino S

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Bernardino? Share your experiences!